The Official Type R Thread

O no this has been asked 100x's but.. Where is the best place to pick up NEW r's... I thought there was some places online selling them for 149 ... or? go to bb and just pick em up w/warranty... I run w7s now and i have a few extra bills to throw around, and i wanna hear what all the hype is about before i make a comment like some noob kid jumpin on the hate wagon whos never even heard it

So Im at the Car Stereo place today, and the "installer" there tells me that not only is my amp (Alpine MRD-1001) a piece of crap and one of the biggest pieces of junk made, but also that my Alpine Type R's are only good for sound quality and **** ass at producing powerfull thumping bass. Could have fooled me, does this guy know something I dont? Or is someone trying to sell me their house brand stuff (seeing as how they sell no Alpine anything) hmmmmm. Can someone set me straight here?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

you tell that dumbass that those crappy Type R's (2 12's) won at world finals last season.

How would the Type-R stack up vs. XXX?

I had a 05 15XXX that i broke being an idiot,so im buying a 15 Type-r from eBay.

I figure since i only had 1200watts goin to the XXX ill give the same to the Type-r,it should be almost louder because of its rms is lower than the XXX.

Any opinions?

of course...those were like 15 bucks each. But for 4 years....that gaurantees they are warrantied for as long as you own them...cause who owns a sub for more than 4 years anyways...

Thats so true.. Now i just need to find someone who knows someone that works there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif So there round 120 bux for employees? for sure?

Thats so true.. Now i just need to find someone who knows someone that works there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif So there round 120 bux for employees? for sure?
yeah they're around that price.. i work at best buy.

what do you guys think about this?

a Hifonics XX-Hercules pushing two type Rs in a TCAB box? i had the Hifonics Bxi1606 and the type Rs took it fine. but what about the hercules?

what do you guys think about this?
a Hifonics XX-Hercules pushing two type Rs in a TCAB box? i had the Hifonics Bxi1606 and the type Rs took it fine. but what about the hercules?
it'll handle fine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.