The Official Type R Thread

RE SE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Works nicely sealed.

So does the kicker CVR.

Both still benefit from a ported box.
my 12 SE ****** balls sealed lol.

But my point is that no matter what sub it is - even if its supposed to be a great sealed sub - whenever someone says "its not as loud as i thought it would be" or something of that nature, some one always says, "you should port it, that sub works really well in a ported box".

Take for example the SS subs. Suposably they are supposed to be great sealed subs but everyone complains that they arent loud enough in sealed, especially the RLPs.

my 12 SE ****** balls sealed lol.
But my point is that no matter what sub it is - even if its supposed to be a great sealed sub - whenever someone says "its not as loud as i thought it would be" or something of that nature, some one always says, "you should port it, that sub works really well in a ported box".

Take for example the SS subs. Suposably they are supposed to be great sealed subs but everyone complains that they arent loud enough in sealed, especially the RLPs.
SE's have worked great sealed in my experience.

No, not nearly as loud, but they sound great.

A "bad" sealed woof woudl IMO be something that has 0 low end sealed, the SE has a great low end sealed.

SE's have worked great sealed in my experience.
No, not nearly as loud, but they sound great.

A "bad" sealed woof woudl IMO be something that has 0 low end sealed, the SE has a great low end sealed.
I get you. But you would still agree - assuming from your post - that sealed is mainly sq and not spl?

how much rms can a 05 type-r handle?

they say they handle 500rms but they can handle more right?

maybe if he using his audiobahn amp at 800rms x 1 @ 2ohms and gets the swr-1242d so he won't underpower the sub.

like bimma85 said the audiobahn is overrated so it might go down to 700 or less rms x 1 @ 2ohms and the type-r might handle 700 or less rms

i think at 800rms x 1 @2ohms and the swr-1242d will sound better than at 400rms x 1 @ 4ohms and the swr-1222d sub. what you guys think

by the way he has the audiobahn a8000t mono amp

Any thoughts about the JL W3's??? The guy at the car audio shop reccomended the W3's also since i'd only be running 300w. I was also thinkin about running 2 12" type-s's, would that yield better results? I don't have much room for a ported box, so if i were to port, i'd have to get a single sub. I'm just looking for a little more thump over my current set up. Thanks for the help though.

about to get a little more serious with my system.

ok what i originally wanted to do is 3 Alpine Type R's 15 each powered by a HiFonics BX1000d

well i went to mobile one, car toys, and tweeter today and I started likin the MTX 7500's and I was talking with all the people at those stores and each of them said that 12's are where its at right now. 15's is not worth the extra money. true? yes/no

So im deciding on 3 15s or 4 12s the 4 12s would be cheaper cuz i would only have to buy 2 amps and I can get all the subs for a little under 500$ while the 3 15s i would have to buy 3 amps and i get the subs for a little under 750$.(im takling i can get the alpine subs for that). And 1 last question, how would MTX 7500's compare to those alpines?

i like the MTX...im biased...but the alpine i believe has 100W over the MTX...i think...but the type R's ported are loud...so i think it would be a close one...

im not big into sq, of course i dont want it to sound like complete and total ****, but i want this to get LOUD im talking extremly loud. The install is going to be very good. this is going into a near future show truck, and i want something that will draw a crowd at the shows.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.