The Official Type R Thread

I got the deal on ebay....although they are refurbs, you cant beat that deal...i got them for a buddy for his birthday and along with the subs im building him a box thats 2.5 cuft but he is getting the amp/amps himself so i was just trying to see where i should direct him.

Thanks

Chris

after a long time deciding...im going to get a type r...im a dumbass for thinking other than type r..juss reading all the of this sub made me want to get it..

so whats the best enclosure to go with? i know ported..but how much do i tune and whats the best box size..

i want sq for this...so can someone give me an enclosure to go with..thanks a lot

Thanks for the help. Still deciding between the type-s and type-r. I heard the type-r's on 300w, and they sounded ok, nothing spectacular, they really come alive when pushing 500w+. I've only been able to hear the type-s's on a wall so they sounded like crap. I'll probably go with the type-s's since my amp matches up better. still trying to decide.

Man you change your mind to much. First I was helping you with the w6, then the w3, then the xenon, then the alpine, then the xenon again, and now the alpine (ha). Anyways you can get the type r to sound good with about 2 cubes, and tune the box around 30 hertz for sq. If you decide to go sealed then 1 cube would work fine for it, at the expense of out put ofcourse. Most everyone here is going to tell you to go ported, so I say do it.

Man you change your mind to much. First I was helping you with the w6, then the w3, then the xenon, then the alpine, then the xenon again, and now the alpine (ha). Anyways you can get the type r to sound good with about 2 cubes, and tune the box around 30 hertz for sq. If you decide to go sealed then 1 cube would work fine for it, at the expense of out put ofcourse. Most everyone here is going to tell you to go ported, so I say do it.
haha..sorry man...but thanks for all ur help...uve helped me the most

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.