The Official Type R Thread

that box *****
I checked out TCAB website. Love the vids!!! Any good production boxes made by makers like Q-Logic or others? Or is a custom built box the only way to go. Venting it right would be my biggest challenge. Getting a tune I'd prefer might be an even harder task! Making it flat enough to slide into the trunk even more fun!

i'll let you know the difference in output in the tcab i'm about to purchase...it is going to be HUGE!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

you won't be disapointed, tcab is well worth the money from waht i've heard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I want to know what differences I would find between the Type R and Type S sub? I looked at the specs for the Type E through the Type X, and the Type S looked very similar to the Type R, so I decided to buy it, because the amp I had was pushing out 350W RMS. I was told that if I was underpowering the Type R, it would pretty much be useless to buy, so I stuck with my choice. Now I'm kind of having second thoughts, and after my sub was installed, I was wondering how much different it would sound with a Type R in there. If I use the same enclosure, same amp, and same wiring, what kind of audible difference would there be in swapping the sub out? For comparison of the Type S and Type R, I used this site:http://www.crutchfield.com/S-D80NI95...500SWS1242#Tab and also Alpine's specs from their site. What I found interesting was that a lot of the figures were different between Alpine's site and Crutchfield's. Anyways, thanks for any input.

I just went up against 2 12 inch type r's with my sx 15 and i destroyed them...i was pleased becasue everyone speaks highly of the R and i just wanted to prove my point that my RE SX 15 beat 2 12" R's not only in loudness but SQ too. Not bashing the R's but everyone has them. I just wanted to be different. Sorry R fans. DONT THINK IM BASHING THE SUB EITHER IT HAS GREAT SQ WHILE ATAINING SPL. THE R HAS A TON OF POTENTIAL TO GET LOUD!

^^^ I'm not bashing you at all when I say this...

that was 1 car, 1 box, 1 amp, 1 install for the r's...and for you for that matter.

Call me crazy, but the r's definetly had the surface area...was the box sealed or ported? because if it was sealed, I wouldn't doubt you are louder...ported...ehhhh i will call BS on that. It's gonna take a high score to beat the 2 type r's in a properly ported (//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif TCAB //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif) box. And the owner of the r's could have been an idiot and not had them installed right

There are so many variables here

Lets see what mark himself has to say about this....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

okay i'm going to shut my mouth now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I think more people on this forum have SX's than the new type-r's......

Even yourself, now I want an SX! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif How is the 35 Hz tuning? Do you feel like music quality suffers any? I know nothing about tuning, but realize pushing a 12" type-r with a 350 watt Alpine V-Power mono amp might warrant a vented box to be most efficient. I want to feel the lows, but keep music mostly accurate. I should have lows to 35 Hz with the type-r 5x7 components up front. Each speaker has a gross weight of just over 13 lbs. and run at 60 W rms! Little monsters! I digress tho...the 5x7's make me think the sub output could be easily narrowed down with out suffering any loss on the bottom end. Anybody agree?

CobraGT

I just went up against 2 12 inch type r's with my sx 15 and i destroyed them...i was pleased becasue everyone speaks highly of the R and i just wanted to prove my point that my RE SX 15 beat 2 12" R's not only in loudness but SQ too. Not bashing the R's but everyone has them. I just wanted to be different. Sorry R fans. DONT THINK IM BASHING THE SUB EITHER IT HAS GREAT SQ WHILE ATAINING SPL. THE R HAS A TON OF POTENTIAL TO GET LOUD!
umm would you like to take a trip to gurnee/waukegan to settle if the sx is truley louder then the r in your application?

lol

http://www.thecaraudiobox.com/eventpicsandvids/

check out a few vids there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Could an SX be as loud or louder than the R's in the vids, anything is possible.

As was said, one install, one vehicle. Put your SX up against the blazer and come on here with another blanket statement about what woofer is better than another //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Is a sealed or ported box better for Type R's? What are the pro's and con's. As you can see in my avatar pic, I have a ported box with 2 Type R 1242's, Lanzar 268 Amp, and a PowerAcousic 5.0 Farad Cap (If I remember correctly. Has been a very long time since I bought the thing!). The ported box hits, and it is pretty good, but I was wondering, because I don't want to go spend alot of money for something that has less quality. Also, how the heck do I set my gain, and what is it? LoL. I have already read the tutorial, so don't refer me there. It confused me, sad to say, because I am a calculus student. Thanks for all the advice!

turn vol up to where you want it to peak and slowly adjust gain til it doesnt get any louder, or adjust gain and stop turning headunit up when the bass doesnt get any louder. They do better ported.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.