The Good & The Bad Eclipse cd5000?

Now im leaning towards the 880prs guy's , cause like my friend told me you will need a pause feauture to help you in competition.

So that immediately makes it a bad deck?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif My 8051 doesn't have time alignment and I love it. Maybe now everyone should buy all the greatest headunits that have time alignment. Your advice on which deck to buy helps so much. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
To OP, my friend is buying a CD5000. So I'll let you know when he gets it.
I hate to rehash this but for my install TA was a feature I wanted. The headunit has a simplified version which I found to be misleading. There are tons of units without built in processing that are still great but they don't fit my requirements so naturally I passed.

The cd5000 has a pause feature..... it cleaned up everything after i replaced my alpine deck, i love it, the 8 volt pre-out is great for SQ and for the fact that you dont have to turn the gains up as high, so far i has every option i could ever want and more, great deck.

CD5000 isn't even in the same league. If you want to compare compare the 880prs to the CD7100 and still I'd take the pio over the cd7100.

Alright Nismos14 you said you have installed many. How is the vibration factory like does it skip on the cd's i had the deh-4800mp and it did that alot:(. but then again it wasn't the best hu ya know.

Alright Nismos14 you said you have installed many. How is the vibration factory like does it skip on the cd's i had the deh-4800mp and it did that alot:(. but then again it wasn't the best hu ya know.
Like I said before, I've never had one skip on me. And I don't know how the vibration factory is, I've never been there..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

alright Nismos14. How is the ground issue that i always hear so much about is it only like a certain amount of em that have the problem or what?

I had a 8454 and 8455 Eclipse...ok but weak in looks to me...also ...I have installed a 880prs now and it sounds tons better than the other 2 Eclipse decks and the voltage thing is not that much of an issue if you install your stuff right...

I have no noise issues with the 880....have never had noise in an install since I was a teenager...difference in correct and incorrect install...

the 880prs is hands down better than the 5000....and probably as good as the 7100 ...most likely better than the 7000.

it is the best deck out there for the money .....especially now that new models are coming out.

good:
-easy to use, beautiful unit, can quickly skip tracks by just rolling the selection button, time alignment, subwoofer control, ipod ready, hd radio ready (need the actual units, but it is "ready"), on board xovers, 7 band EQ, ESN is always a plus

bad:

-the same selectrion knob that is so quick to change tracks is also quick to skip 3 or 4 at a time when you hit a speed bump while trying to skip ahead 1 track, the xovers are really limited, time alignment is limited (ie, only has presets, no actual adjustments like say my old alpine 9831), need ipod adapter to actually use the ipod feature ($50 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif), face place doesnt automatically close after inserting disc (you have to press the open button to close it), doesnt have a removable face plate

nothing really "bad" about the unit, just a few querks here and there. i would not hesitate to buy one again.

I would agree with George here. It is a very solid HU depending on what you need. This is my second Eclipse and I have never had a problem with either.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.