The Good & The Bad Eclipse cd5000?

audiobahnuser18
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Mi
Hey guy's just wanted your opinion's on the Eclipse Cd5000 h.u. What do you guy's think of it the good , the bad. Post em up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yeah i also know that they make nice hu's . Just wanted to know the good and bad bout this model:D. post up people. Id appericate it

bad: no real time alignment only a few presets. That's all I know after playing with one a while ago. I bought a 7100 instead.

bad: no real time alignment only a few presets. That's all I know after playing with one a while ago. I bought a 7100 instead.
So that immediately makes it a bad deck?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif My 8051 doesn't have time alignment and I love it. Maybe now everyone should buy all the greatest headunits that have time alignment. Your advice on which deck to buy helps so much. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

To OP, my friend is buying a CD5000. So I'll let you know when he gets it.

Thanks grinder would appericate that man:D. im debating between these hu's

Premier 880prs

Eclipse cd5000

Eclipse cd3000

I would like to get the 5100 blackbonnie but that's way over my budget:(. also guy's anyone ever dealt with . woofersetc.com?

good:

-easy to use, beautiful unit, can quickly skip tracks by just rolling the selection button, time alignment, subwoofer control, ipod ready, hd radio ready (need the actual units, but it is "ready"), on board xovers, 7 band EQ, ESN is always a plus

bad:

-the same selectrion knob that is so quick to change tracks is also quick to skip 3 or 4 at a time when you hit a speed bump while trying to skip ahead 1 track, the xovers are really limited, time alignment is limited (ie, only has presets, no actual adjustments like say my old alpine 9831), need ipod adapter to actually use the ipod feature ($50 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif), face place doesnt automatically close after inserting disc (you have to press the open button to close it), doesnt have a removable face plate

nothing really "bad" about the unit, just a few querks here and there. i would not hesitate to buy one again.

ps: forget the cd3000...its gay, and my buddy regreted buying it. stay way from pioneer too...my gf's brand new pioneer is a piece of **** too.

out of those choices...cd5k all ****ing day

Thanks man . Yeah also heard alot of ground issues with the 880prs also. Anyone else come on guy's i know u guy's have either used this hu or installed one etc.... Appericate all the info i can get:D.

Thanks man . Yeah also heard alot of ground issues with the 880prs also. Anyone else come on guy's i know u guy's have either used this hu or installed one etc.... Appericate all the info i can get:D.
its not even the ground issue on hers. luckily i havent dealt with that. but its just the build quality seems so shoddy, and not to mention this thing is mounted just fine, and it skips randomly even at a stand still with the car parked and off...brand new cds....

its a piece.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.