The dumbest thing you've ever done with a system

was hooking up some bussbars for a bank of 6 batts...wrench pretty much got laid on both bars and it made some nice sparks, scared the **** out of me and my buddy. Idk the correct term but there was a nice sized divot burned out of each bar where the wrench was

#1...sold my 1st sub system..a pair of Zapco 220's and 4 M&M Godfather 15's....still regret that move.

#2...used the local install shop install a system in my '88 suburban..The air conditioning quit working a week later. They tapped into my rear a/c lines with 2 mounting screws on a fosgate 400 dsm.

#3... let the other install shop put a system in my '02 suburban..the tweeter in the right front door was out of phase and the coax in the rear left door was out of phase.....It ******, but was an easy fix. At least the air worked that time...lol

Was tightening down my negative distribution terminal with an allen wrench and flipped it right over into my positive distribution block for my power wire. Nice shock made me jump and hit my head on the roof. Also ran home insulation wire under the hood of my eclipse and in through side mirror opening of the door because I couldn't get through the firewall. It was especially a pain in the ass because it was the least flexible wire on the planet.

Well, if any one wants to read my old post i made about a year ago when i knew NOTHING they could see some of the dumbest things iv'e ever done haha. Id come on here and be like "yo i got a 12 inch CVR it isnt very loud how do i make it louder? Or how loud should it be? and wonder why i got hateful comments. I would crank up gains, bass boost. Then turn my stock HU bass alll the way up and cruise around with bass and super distorted stock door speakers blasting (because bass was being sent to them). Thought it sounded good and that the goal was just to get the loudest bass possible... lol. Man have i learned a lot of the course of one year. At the time i didnt even know what a + and - terminal, ground, power wires, or speaker wire were. I just knew my friend hooked it up for me and i was bumpin! I would wonder why i wasnt getting "insane flex" from my 12 inch cvr in a prefab box running 250 rms =/. Man that sub took a beating tho with bass boost and all. Still works.

installed temporary "bass" using an amp/sub in an enclosure/ a headphone input and a 12v accessory out wired to the amp. "Plug and play"

My buddy went 30 over the speed limit in a town known for ****** cops, bumping his w7s, with me in the passenger seat and 2 oz.s of sour diesel sitting out in the back seat.....probably the dumbest thing I've ever been a part of. But the trip was so much fun and nothing bad came from it lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.