Fitting an AQ 18" in a trunk properly

at a guess I would say it probably won't fit.. an 18 takes a lot of airspace, and I know that in my car with quite a large trunk I can only just do a proper ported 15" or pair of 12s.

I have an 18 in my civic and only have about 15.5" of height for my box. I use 3 or 4" of my spare tire well to fit the extra height needed.

I have an 18 in my civic and only have about 15.5" of height for my box. I use 3 or 4" of my spare tire well to fit the extra height needed.
been thinking about doing my two 12s in a fourth but if i cant get that to work. i wanna do a sundown z3 18. glad to see you can do an 18 in a honda trunk lol

18"H (top to bottom)

55"W (left to right)

56"D (front to back)

My trunk isnt a square though, its wider at the back but only about 20 inches in, for example.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

If the amp is already part of the unit, with the amp built in, you would need a power supply, something like this: Or sell that amp amp and...
So you have your main power wire which feed the current it needs. Your original HU would have had it, and you probably connected your new HU to...
That might depend on the head unit. Some can use a 5 amp fuse, some a 10amp, some a 15amp fuse (if / depending on how much it's powering the...
I too generally use the factory carpet to make my templates. It's also a good idea to put layer of butyl damping material under the MDF too...
It will probably change your tuning. I've seen bigger numbers off of much less power from walling at the rear seats, but Terry "trunk king" Brock...

About this thread

JoeK

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
JoeK
Ringtown, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date