The dumbest thing you've ever done with a system

Anyone ever shorted out a wrench? bahahaha sparks.
I've come close to doing that a few times when I was changing out my battery, and it was like 10 at night and I couldn't see anything so I was scared to shit that I would short it out lol

Ran from a car when the engine bay caught fire leving my orion 12, mtx amp, and clarion deck to burn. thought for sure the car was about to blow up... Didn't go boom til i made it to the nearest farmhouse(was country cruisin). Had plenty of time,lol. It was like 10 years ago but the deck was super nice for that day in age. It had a little chicken that would walk across the screen and lay two eggs that turned into zero's whenever the time hit whatever-0'clock.

Also hooked up said mtx amp with extension cord wire at some point before the explosion incident.. and turned the bass and gain up on it til it literally squealed. oh yeah, it was a thunder 502(i think) and i had it wired to two ohms bridged, lol....

....so much fail. still makes me laugh.

Instead of buying a wiring harness for my blazer I cut the stock wiring and wired it to the deck. Didn't finish and had to takem my then GF home. I just sat the deck in the HU opening, when I took off the deck flew out and sparks flew. I no longer could find the constant power and had to run a wire to my fuse box.

after being up for 24hrs, an empty stomach, and a 12pk i though my ground was my power and my power was my ground when i hooked up my 4chnl....of course magic smoke and everything.....sad thing was it was one of the old school PG 4chnl amps with the darlington chassis.....man i was so pissed...
Done that. Except I was entirely sober, just not paying attention... and it's a stupid amp where the power and ground terminals are switched. And the amp was fine, it just blew the inline fuse. Amp still works today! But yea, I'd say this is one of the dumbest things I've done.

Anyone ever shorted out a wrench? bahahaha sparks.
Done that too... Just set down the ratchet and it hit both terminals... GREAT conductor.

A couple other things. When I did my Big 3, I thought my Alt to Bat + run was secure, it wasn't, and was touching the exhaust manifold, luckily I noticed a couple days later, before the jacket was entirely melted and sent my car up in flames.

Also, On my first system that came with the car given to me, I would just tweak with the amp to get it louder... "Why is bass boost off? That should be turned on".... "Whatever 'input sensitivity' means, it's louder if I crank it up all the way" (I had 5v pre-outs at the time too, didn't know what that meant though). "whatever the low pass filter is, I hear more bass if I crank it up all the way. Wait, if I set it to full pass I can hear voices and everything, that must be better!" That amp and those subs are also still working no problem today. Low-level JL stuff too.

i left my window cracked enough to stick a arm in and unlock the door in my blazer and someone stole my sundown saz2k out.

***my firend has a american bass 500.1 on a stock 90 amp alt with 4 yellatop otimas, and wonders why the amp kicks protect. he is droping to like 9volts lmao

The first amp I ever installed was for a friend and we didn't know how to get through the firewall of his dodge stratus so we ran the wires from thru the inner fender and around the door jam, so you shut the wires in the door everytime you shut the door. We wrapped the wires in electrical tape so they never shorted but ******* was it ghetto.

My first box was built by me and my grandpa. It was a piece of 1/4" wood with cut outs for the 2 12" kickers. It was put together with 2x4's, it was NOT sealed or ported rather free air...lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.