The alpine 9887 is pissing me off

Alpine4life89
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
missouri
Ok, so i got my first alpine 9887 about 3 weeks ago and it was skipping like crazy. I dealt with it for about 5 days before shipping it back and requesting a new one. So today, two weeks later, i get my new deck and i was hoping it wasn't going to skip. Well, it still does! It doesn't skip as bad, but it still skips more than i can stand. I tried several different cd's and it didn't get better.

So after 2 weeks with no radio, i end up having the same problem i had in the first place. A skipping unit that i can barely enjoy! I am so pissed right now, wtf is up with these units?

If you are absolutrly sure it's a new deck they sent you, go BUY a new cd and see what happens. You might have got a bad batch of cds. happened to me once with some Microcenter ones.

If you are absolutrly sure it's a new deck they sent you, go BUY a new cd and see what happens. You might have got a bad batch of cds. happened to me once with some Microcenter ones.
well, i have a brand new beatles cd i can test. Never been used. I will try it in a minute.

My driving style is fine, even going slow it still skips. I'm just surprised with this because my old pioneer and alpines never skipped once.

maybe you should properly mount the headunit so it doesn't vibrate so much. on top of that, why don't you turn your music down...
why would it matter how loud my music is?

There's really no way to mount it any better. Not that i know of

i had an old pioneer that skiped and i put some small strips of dyonmat on the frame and it cured my problem. that was the only unit that i had that problem with.

-vic

well, i have a brand new beatles cd i can test. Never been used. I will try it in a minute.
My driving style is fine, even going slow it still skips. I'm just surprised with this because my old pioneer and alpines never skipped once.

why would it matter how loud my music is?

There's really no way to mount it any better. Not that i know of
:facepalm:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.