Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Ported

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

sumone
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Midwest
Don't wanna start another "should I go sealed or ported" type thread(I may be contradicting myself...), but all in all, if you listen to a lot of varieties of music, which would suffice better?

Getting the clean bass in jazz, but also that pound in rap...which is the most advantageous all-in-one solution?

Obviously if you go sealed, you'll get the tightness, but not the pound; and vice versa; but which one is the _better_ all-in-one solution?

[excluding bandpass/free-air/others]

My left brain is debating the same question with my right brain... I can't wait to have my box built, but still debating //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Go with a sealed i like last week made a box for my explorer and my two 15s i actually have sum pics if u want to check it out THEY ARE HERE There only the construction of the box i still havent put the pictures of the actual box up but im workin on it. But there the ones under construction the pics of subs r my subs i just recently put in my sebring.

With my XXX i prefer the sound of my new sealed box over my old ported box(28hz tuning in 2.7ft^3) However i enjoy a little more SQ then SPL....However there is NO debating the XXX sounded awesome ported and got a marginal bit louder....But to me when not playing rap it sort of lacked the responsiveness of sealed.....(and i rarely ever listen to rap)

With my XXX i prefer the sound of my new sealed box over my old ported box(28hz tuning in 2.7ft^3) However i enjoy a little more SQ then SPL....However there is NO debating the XXX sounded awesome ported and got a marginal bit louder....But to me when not playing rap it sort of lacked the responsiveness of sealed.....(and i rarely ever listen to rap)
You should try 2.2net, 30-35sq" tuned 33hz. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

When I started out in this field I had 3 12W6's in a ported box (31hz) and loved it, but over the years I have come to prefer sealed boxes because they have the sq from being able to play over a broader freq. range yet still loud for the Hip Hop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...