Id like to know the age and est value of my subs

This is exactly what im planning, but after driving around more and just enjoying the car it is quite nice to have a nice system in it.. i may just hold onto it. Also on a different note i notice when i turn it up close to max, i hear a squeek of sorts that would either be a piece of the car moving around and squeeking from the base rattling the car to death or more likely one or both of those subs may be going out but im not sure.. what would be the best way to figure that out and pinpoint it?
Is this when you are driving? or sitting? Id turn it up until you just hear the noise and search for it. Most likely its something plastic or a rattle from the rear from the sub freqs. You will just need trace it down.You may even need to retune so you are not going into Clipping stages. I tune by ear..Ive never had any real issues in over 25 years. You can watch a you Tube Vid on setting amp gains easier than explaining and rewind to review several times to get the information

Ive even had squeeking issues and inside bumping noises to where I thought it was the stereo and ended up being a bad strut. In one my trucks I thought i had a bad front tire that wasnt balanced properly and at one point i thought the front tierods were about gone.. ended up being the 10k rms+ I had on the sub stage. Every time a note would hit.. the front end and steering wheel would vibrate all to hell.. LOL

I have those sunvisors on the doors. When it rained and I had the system up a bit .. the windshield wippers didnt work well at all/or at all hardly..hit and miss. I have to give thanks for RainX and the good old defroster for my travels at those times.. LOL :LOL: :LOL: 💩

I mean without even thinking those are at least 12years old. In 2011 Rockford went to metal cones. Though the amps could be a little newer id estimate about the same age.

The amps as a pair are only worth 300bucks and the subs about the same. Locally you might could ask for more on Facebook marketplace but Rockford isn't exactly popular in the online car audio forums due to better value with newer companies

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...