The 4th order thread

I got the port made, and I got it in, just for temp yesterday so my buddies could here it. I still have a lot of work to do, but its coming together... should be an easy 50, but sealed will be a different story. so heres some pics.

dat port area... it plays music quite well, which is to be expected, but it does some nazzty burps fur sure. I have lots of testing to do.... lol. plus I still have to finish the port!

I got my first set of numbers today, this is drop in, no testing, no deadner etc. Im wired to 3 ohms, rising to about 6 or 7 ohms. No clamp numbers because I cant find my clamp. I know it is well under 1000 watts though. I want to say that its about 6-700 watts, but like I said, no clamp, so im not going to say anything. But its not too bad for music, vehicle sealed, meter is at the MWSPL location song is juicebox.

and if you didnt know, this is in a tahoe. not quite under the window line because I havent dropped down the false floor, but its only like .75" over

FloridaSPL - View Single Post - 2 DC Level 4 12's on a 3500 in a Blowthru - 2011 Malibu 

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

FloridaSPL - View Single Post - 2 DC Level 4 12's on a 3500 in a Blowthru - 2011 Malibu

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

beautiful build! if I was a daily guy I would love to have something so clean, but sadly, im always cutting, gluing and taping lol

whoops... 4th order FTW!
And_its_gone_original.jpg

I need to shorten my port, to cause a resonance spike, I will gain quite a bit im sure, I may shrink down the front too. this tahoe is hard to get loud in with such little cone area and power, but its doing okay, its a burp box, that im playing music with, I just cant find any tones lol

What's your rear Fc?
45, and im not going smaller, I will throw the surrounds if I do. and yes, I know tune to the Fc is what you SHOULD do, which I did to begin with, but, if you tune above the Fc, it will cause a resonance spike. which I need for a burp situation.

45, and im not going smaller, I will throw the surrounds if I do. and yes, I know tune to the Fc is what you SHOULD do, which I did to begin with, but, if you tune above the Fc, it will cause a resonance spike. which I need for a burp situation.
I was jc. Just getting the picture. You can't beat testing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.