Teyes CC3 2K Door speaker and Subwoofer Frequency settings

Participant count
  • Participant list

MrG

CarAudio.com Newbie
UK
I have had a Teyes CC3 2K head unit fitted to my van and added a Pioneer TS-WS140D Underseat Subwoofer.

I already have 2 x Hertz Door speakers and 2 x Hertz Tweeters fitted.

I have no clue what to set the various frequencies at according to the options supplied with the head unit equaliser although the subwoofer does come with a remote.

I worked out one set is for the front door speakers and the other for the sub but other than that i'm clueless.

Attachments

• 20240414_211733.jpg
    20240414_211733.jpg
    965.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240416_012638.jpg
    20240416_012638.jpg
    903 KB · Views: 3
  • Subwoofer remote.jpg
    Subwoofer remote.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 4
Which model of Hertz components?
Are you going to continue to use only the HU to amplify the Hertz?
Did they come with and are you using the supplied passive crossovers?

Once this these things are know, help with which crossover settings you will actually use as well as the settings on the remote can be determined..

Doxquzme, my apologies for the lack of information. As I said I am not up to speed with audio so apologies if I am missing the basics.

I cannot remember the model of door speakers i had fitted as it was a few years back. I know they were very good ones. The installer did fit crossovers, tweeters etc but no amp.

The HU does come with an AMP so guessing that is what is being used to amplify the door speakers. In the HU settings under Device there is AMP On/Off so i assume thats for the door speakers etc.

Under EQ settings under Subwoofer there is also an AMP on / off so i assume this if for the Sub. (In photo above)

It is in a van so only 2 door speakers, 2 tweeters and the Underseat sub.

No apologies needed. ;)

I don't remember the amp on/off, pretty easily to figure that function by activating it and turning it off, should tell you what it is doing.

As for the rest, the sub remote is just that a remote to attenuate what you have setup from the HU. I would set the crossover in the HU for the sub to where it blends well, around 90-100 hz, tops. Then leave the remote at 125 hz. Set the gain at 9 o'clock then attenuate the same in the head unit as that remote function will be to increase or decrease the bass output once the median is established.

As for the front/rear speakers, only use the HP on the HU at close to the crossover point you decide works best on the sub so probably 70-80 hz. You have the passive crossovers in place which will determine the frequency the tweeters and mid bass are crossed at, just want to use the HP filters to eliminate the frequencies that the sub will be putting out, so 70-90, somewhere in that realm.

Last edited:
If you could explain according to the photos I have attched that would be great.

The Subwoofer has:
Subwoofer Low Frequency and Subwoofer High Frequency aswell as Subwoofer Volume sliders.

The door speakers have:

HP 20Hz - 250Hz and LP 3Hz - 20Khz.

After setting the remote what do you mean by attenuating the same in the head unit?

Last edited:
Picture 1. Set the upper slider marked HP to about 75 or 80.
Picture 2. Leave it the way that it is.
Picture 3. The top knob is the bass volume. Set it where you want it to be. Just set the second knob to 125 and leave it there. The subwoofer settings on the head unit will take care of it. The two switches you will have to listen to the subwoofer and decide what sounds the best.

Picture 1. Set the upper slider marked HP to about 75 or 80.
Picture 2. Leave it the way that it is.
Picture 3. The top knob is the bass volume. Set it where you want it to be. Just set the second knob to 125 and leave it there. The subwoofer settings on the head unit will take care of it. The two switches you will have to listen to the subwoofer and decide what sounds the best.
dragon.breath,

Many thanks for taking the time to help me out. It is very much appreciated and my small brain can understand it now. I have spent days trying to google it and failed, but now you have told me according to my pictures I can adjust it correctly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...