Testing thermal limits.

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
Hey guys. Most of you know that i have 10s in kicks vented outside. Its the SLS 10in.

https://www.parts-express.com/peerless-by-tymphany-830668-10-paper-cone-sls-subwoofer--264-1110#lblProductDetails

They have a 1.5in VC

I want to see just how far i can push these things before either thermal or excursion gives out because my entire tune is based around how loud these can get. They are currently highpassed at 30hz and seeing around 80 watts on a 0db sine wave. Any lower in freq, they hit excursion. Im aware music is dynamic and my music isnt always totally clean, IE:underground artists, soundcloud, ect. People who master their bass music at 0db :/ They are a 8 ohm driver on a 150rms amp.

Ive modeled it and at 500rms and a 24db crossover at 57 hertz in 10cuft.

Untitled.png

Curious what you guys think the realistic limits of these drivers are.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.