Is this vented box too small...

2.05cf with dual sub displacement is 1.8cf
dual sundown sa 10 600w will be .2cf below recommended.

dual sundown sa 10 750w will be .7cf below recommended.

would both be a gamble to try in the vented box?
just get this or email him ask him to tune it lower if u like really low bass (if all u listen to is rap).. as is after sub displacement u will have right at recd airspace and be tuned around 37hz about like mine (so make sure your amp has adjustable s filter) https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGE-2-DUAL-PORTED-SUBWOOFER-MDF-ENCLOSURE-FOR-SUNDOWN-SA10-SUB-BOX/263177241881?hash=item3d46960519:g:5EgAAOSw-09Z6V5D&vxp=mtr

The box I'm trying to fit the subs with is pre built but vehicle specific ( 2010 f150 ) tuned at 36hzAnd yes I mainly listen to rap so lows are important.
well i'd go with the 1 thats closest to correct air space but those ported boxes normally either have to small port or to high tuned port or both.. u have pic or link to it?

That’s the problem with fox box. They don’t tell you port size. If you can get that info, then you will know how much space you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah after sub disp it'll probably be tuned closer to 40hz thats if they subtracted the port disp if not maybe 45hz.. if u already got the box u kinda stuck with that.. look around for subs that maybe take up less space (not saying shallow mount) but more airspace box has after sub disp lower it'll tune..

40hz is pretty high isn't it? That being the case why is there so many reviews about the JLs in the same box requiring the same internal volume, the difference in displacement between them and the sa 10's is .1cf. would that be a game changer?

40hz is pretty high isn't it? That being the case why is there so many reviews about the JLs in the same box requiring the same internal volume, the difference in displacement between them and the sa 10's is .1cf. would that be a game changer?
nah subs firing down at floor probably helps.. i'm sure it'll sound fine more than 1 guy here said they ok.. i saw a mtx under rear seat sealed box yrs ago was crazy loud with almost no power (150rms i swear) subs were "lighter" then i guess.. since then only 1 i've seen had boss subs in it so idk about truck boxes lol.. i was thinking like dc audio or something but they mainly use smaller box idk what sub disp is i just started looking after feeding my bro in law.. i'll look around but i doubt u will find anything to good with less than .08 sub disp..

I thought you were gonna try the P3's in the fox box first and just get rid of the cheapo amp you've got now... those subs should sound a heck of a lot better in a new box on a better amp... personally I'd try it out first and redo my highs Before making any decisions on SA-10's... those will sound phenomenal in the largest ported box you can fit under the seat (you will have to raise it a bit)... what amp are you gonna get for the substage?

Cab 1600.1, just eager to have a bangin setup
If it was me I'd try the P3's first in the Fox box with the CAB... then redo your wire, battery and do the big 3 as well as your highs with a 2 or 4 channel amplifier and speakers BEFORE doin' the SA-10's... It'll give you time to do your electrical a little, highs up to par and save your money for the enclosure... cause you'll need to get something built and the seat lifted for sure (at least IMO)... those SA-10's will need a real custom ported box built to shine on a CAB amp IMO...

You want lows, a pre fab enclosure isn't gonna do it for ya, and your not gonna be happy with it and it's a waste of $$. Pre fab enclosures are tuned high...40's area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.