Testing Results on the Resistance Audio R1.1000d

Livewire-Eric
10+ year member

I'm not completely finished yet, but I wanted to fill you guys in on my testing so far. I started with an actual 4 ohm load (a dual 2 ohm sub with coils in series). Just so that the results are clean usable power, I always back the volume down at least a few tenths of a decibal. In this test the amp made 244.3 watts at 8.7 ohms (8 tenths down from the maximum score). That was 46.1 volts, 5.3 amps, 8.7 ohm reactive load.

The amp is rated to do 400 watts a 4 ohm, 700 watts at 2ohm, and 1000 watts at 1ohm. I do have 2ohm load test results as well. With box rise up to 3.94 ohm it made 426.6 watts at 13.84 volts. That was 41 volts, 10.4 amps, and a reactive load of 3.94 ohms (Turned down 7 tenths of a decibal from it's Max score). Keep in mind the amp is rated at 14.4 volts.

thing is, theres unlimited amounts of 1000 watt amps that do slightly more than rated in the same power category. Some of them even do 1000 watts at 1-4 ohms aka regulated internal power supply. Not really much that sets this amp apart from the rest of the flooded market.

There are a lot of amps on the market that are decent, but this amp is nuts for the price point. It'says really making a lot more power than I'm stating. Notice that I back the volume down before each test. I do this so that the power I claim it makes is very clean. I've tested a lot of amps, and I know this is not average. I still have more results to post.

There are a lot of amps on the market that are decent, but this amp is nuts for the price point. It'says really making a lot more power than I'm stating. Notice that I back the volume down before each test. I do this so that the power I claim it makes is very clean. I've tested a lot of amps, and I know this is not average. I still have more results to post.
Have you tested the SS Rubicon 2500.1 amp?

DD subs are the best!

Apr 2011

Pensacola, Florida

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned

75 Post(s)

Tagged

0 Thread(s)

Quoted

6278 Post(s)

Re: Testing Results on the Resistance Audio R1.1000d

If you are not scoping it you don't know if it's clean.

I do have a scope here in my test set up. That's how I know what's clean and what's not. The results that I post are clean. Like I said the amp can make more power, but I'm only giving clean results.

6 LosIsATool's Avatar LosIsATool LosIsATool is online nowDD subs are the best

Apr 2011

Pensacola, Florida

Post Thanks / Like

Mentioned

75 Post(s)

Tagged

0 Thread(s)

Quoted

6278 Post(s)

Re: Testing Results on the Resistance Audio R1.1000d

If you are not scoping it you don't know if it's clean.

I do have a scope here in my test set up. That's how I know what's clean and what's not. The results that I post are clean. Like I said the amp can make more power, but I'm only giving clean results.
Learn how to quote.

We don't care about the not clean results

OK. I final got some time to post some more results. My goal was to get the amp to see a 2ohm load, but I couldn't quite get there. 2.26 ohms was the best I could get. The amp made 40.2 volts, 17.8 amps, and a 2.26ohm reactive load. 715 watts clean backed down .5 decibels. It measured 873 watts usable power at 2.34 ohms. That was 45.2 volts 19.3 amps. Beast mode!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Livewire-Eric

10+ year member
Livewire-Eric
Columbus, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from