tell me what you think of my design

wafsman
10+ year member

ohio
so i was originally going to go with a blowthrough design, but have been reading other build logs and posts and came up with a new design. don't quite know if it is still a blowthrough design or not, but this is what i got.

the plan is to take out the rear window of the truck, seal it with the rubber boot replacement to this enclosure in the bed of the truck.

the view that you see is what will be facing the cab of the truck. the bottom wall under the space for the rear window should come up to the line above where it says 'KonFUSEed', the rest will be open.

i was thinking of getting a piece of plastic trim to go around the outside and still doing the bottom half in bedliner and painting the top half to match the truck. the hole in the middle will be a plexiglass window so i can still see behind me.

let me know what you think.

first pic is to show an overall view. second pic is to show how i revised for the amps to fit better.

boxdesign2.jpg

boxdesign3.jpg

but i still have a couple more questions about my setup.

first, how would you all run the wires from the battery in front to the one in back? i was thinking maybe just drilling through the bed and using some rubber grommets, any better ideas?

second is how would you run the wiring for the amps to hide it well? i was thinking of drilling holes and running the wires behind the whole enclosure, then attaching 1x2's around the edges and place another board over the back with the wires running in between the gap of the back two pieces, any better ideas?

kind of, yeah. as i said previously, the plan is to take out the rear window of the truck, seal it with the rubber boot replacement to this enclosure in the bed of the truck.

the view that you see is what will be facing the cab of the truck. the bottom wall under the space for the rear window should come up to the line above where it says 'KonFUSEed', the rest will be open.

is this gonna be inside a camper top or something? you cant have this box and equipment just chillin in the bed of the truck...

no, it's basically going to be chillin in the bed of the truck. but it will be finished with panels in the bed portion, screwed to the bed, and sprayed with bedliner. the top half will be sealed to the truck with the rubber boot replacement, primed and painted to match the truck.

if you wanna do something like that, you're gonna need to find someone who can do fiberglass... mdf CANNOT get wet, and cant be just chillin in the bed of a truck exposed to rain... plus you dont want all your equipment exposed to the weather back there also

Its gunna look bulky and out of place standing up in the bed IMO. I like this design better.

. lay that box down and keep it out if sight

okay. since this is not getting through, i made you all some pic references.

the stock truck bed

truckbefore.jpg

the box chillin in the bed

withbox.jpg

with the accordian rubber boot replacement

withrubber.jpg

box with panels

withpanels.jpg

all finished up

truckafter.jpg

i plan to spray the bottom panel with bedliner (like the rest of the bed will be sprayed with. the top panels will be sealed and sprayed with a epoxy enaml paint the same color is the truck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.