TC Sounds Epic 8 or Sundown Audio SA-8?

Please go from experience. Read my post to see what Im trying to achieve here

• Total voters
Relax bruh... I only made the young comment because you made it earlier to someone who was only trying to help. I don't believe age really has all that much to do with it anyway. I'm about to be 37 and some days I'll throw a 15" in the trunk just to beat my brains in for a while, and I'm totally SQ oriented.

Yes, I'm familiar with the insides of many trucks. I'm a former installer. I do know that if you came to me and said find a way to make this 12" work, but without removing any seats, I would make it work. It's called ingenuity. Yes, I would charge you through the nose for a custom install, but that's how it works when can't or you're not willing to do it yourself.

Look I get it... You're going for wow factor with two 8's. I like doing that as well. Ironically enough, with EPIC 8's, lol. Stick with that idea and get what you think will work best for you. I know for a fact the EPIC 8's are not making 10% distortion a 14mm (one way). The Apline 8's are.

As an aside, perhaps you could make use of the LMS-R in your home theater/music setup. Any excuse to hear the lowest distortion bass reproduction possible is a good one. You've been holding on to those TC2+ motors for way too long now. Make a move.

i own a tc sounds epic 12 '' ,

They are really underrated power wise as i believe they are 400 rms but it took well over 600 rms @ 4 ohms in a sealed box and it took it like a champion hardly got warm.

Very tight sub great for a sq set up but it still gets decently loud ( prob not for the bass heads on here but all my friends locally were suprised i was only running a single sealed 12.

Never used any Sundown gear so i cannot compare sadly.

Relax bruh... I only made the young comment because you made it earlier to someone who was only trying to help. I don't believe age really has all that much to do with it anyway. I'm about to be 37 and some days I'll throw a 15" in the trunk just to beat my brains in for a while, and I'm totally SQ oriented.
Yes, I'm familiar with the insides of many trucks. I'm a former installer. I do know that if you came to me and said find a way to make this 12" work, but without removing any seats, I would make it work. It's called ingenuity. Yes, I would charge you through the nose for a custom install, but that's how it works when can't or you're not willing to do it yourself.

Look I get it... You're going for wow factor with two 8's. I like doing that as well. Ironically enough, with EPIC 8's, lol. Stick with that idea and get what you think will work best for you. I know for a fact the EPIC 8's are not making 10% distortion a 14mm (one way). The Apline 8's are.

As an aside, perhaps you could make use of the LMS-R in your home theater/music setup. Any excuse to hear the lowest distortion bass reproduction possible is a good one. You've been holding on to those TC2+ motors for way too long now. Make a move.
Oh ok. Gotcha. I see what you were saying about the young comment. I don't see what the guy was saying was helpful. It just doesn't fit the application because he didnt have anything to back it up.

I would love to take the LMS-R, but I would only be able to run 1 of those 12's in a ported box. I have found out that running two 12's in the box I had in my truck, just doesnt work well. I went with 2 RE SE 12's, which are fairly beefy subs.. I ran lower powered, not as beefy subs; Infinity Reference 12's that had a power handling of half of the RE SE's. They performed better. Funny thing is.. is that the space recommendations for the RE SE's were less than the Reference 12's.

So I will need to build a bigger box. .83 cu ft per chamber is just not going to cut it, plus Im over running sealed. I want to go back to ported. I'm all about ingenuity. Im going to give a shot at building a fiberglass/wood box. Fiberlgass the bottom and the back and running 3/4" wood on the front and rear.. maybe fiberglass the front to push out the subs a little further and make it look nice. Just hope I can pull it off. Havent built a box in probably 5 years. As a teenager, I probably built about 20 boxes. Plus I have never tried fiberglass.

You are right about hanging on to these TC2+ motors too long. I am in need to get rid of them and get them to someone who can enjoy and utilize them. I just dont have the space to run them. Plus I want to run something different. They were great for the 3 years I ran them. Wish I would have learned and anchored my subs in the downfiring box. Learned my lesson.

If there was a way to run two LMS-R 12's ported, in my truck, I would do it. But I just dont see how I can fit a 4.5 cu ft box under the rear seats of my space challenged truck. I dont think I can get anymore than 3 cu ft. I might have to raise my back seats as I was recently told that raising the back seats a little will actually make it more comfortable for the rear passengers. I just dont want to raise them anymore than 2". I dont want them to be hitting their head on the ceiling.

I do want this to get loud. I miss the setups I ran in my car with my ported Type R 12's and the RE SX 15 ported. I like that low end grunt from running a lower tuning. I will be ok with giving up some distortion for some output. By the human ear, distortion at low end frequencies are tough to hear, unless you are pushing them too far mechanically.

i own a tc sounds epic 12 '' ,
They are really underrated power wise as i believe they are 400 rms but it took well over 600 rms @ 4 ohms in a sealed box and it took it like a champion hardly got warm.

Very tight sub great for a sq set up but it still gets decently loud ( prob not for the bass heads on here but all my friends locally were suprised i was only running a single sealed 12.

Never used any Sundown gear so i cannot compare sadly.

Thanks for the input. Since you were running sealed, I can see as to how you running 600wrms was possible. Maybe you were able to give them a little bit more to the Epic 12's. If you were running a ported box, Im assuming you could have probably ran atleast 500wrms or more no problem, seeing as it is a 12.

You must be young.
I didnt buy a $40k truck just to take out the leather back seats and turn my truck from a 5 seater into a 2 seater. Yes, I have a front center console in the front. If I were going to do that, then I would have kept the Corvette with the two 12's in the hatchback that would have made your teeth rattle.

And I use the bed of my truck. Have you seen my truck in my avatar? And you want me to put a camper shell on that beautiful truck? I have thought about getting another truck, something in the $6k range and doing that, but not to this truck.
Tonnuea cover FTW

Tonnuea cover FTW
I use the bed of my truck to haul stuff such as my 750 pound 1300CC V-Star. Plus Im not going to cut up a $40k truck to do a blow thru. As much as I would love to do a blow-thru, Im not going to do it on this truck. Im not even quite sure how much longer I will keep this truck. I might upgrade to a Sierra 2500 Turbo Diesel. One EXACTLY like mine, just going from a 1500 to a 2500, but with 4 wheel drive this time.. Or I might get a car, with the economy tanking. There are alot of variables.

But for now... Under the seat fiberglass/wood ported enclosure tuned in the 31-33hz area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...