need help getting a sub for my pg xs-2500

Participant count
  • Participant list

daves-sti

Hi all,

Looking to drop a new sub into my Impreza and wanted to save some trunk space at the same time and need a bit of help.

I would like to get the most out of the amp and pair it with a clean, hard hitting sub that can handle a good amount of volume. I've been looking at a JL 12w6v2 but I'm not sure if i can wire my phoenix gold xs2500 amp properly for it, and in browsing the forum here I'm getting the feeling there might be something better out there for the money anyway.

Is there a way to get this sub to wire up properly or does anyone have a better recommendation? I'd like to get the most bang for my buck for around $300 or less. I've had an alpine R12 in the past (bought it probably 6-8 years ago) and it was fine for the winter but couldn't keep up in the summer with the windows rolled down.

phoenix gold xs-2500 amp specs from the manual:

2x250 at 2ohms (later on in the manual says minimum impedance 1 ohms stereo)

1x500 at 4ohms (later on in the manual says minimum impedance 2 ohms bridged)

The specs of the enclosure I'm looking to pick up are (perfect fit enclosure at audiointegrations dot net for a subaru wrx/sti '05-'07, sorry the forum wouldn't let me post a link):

Internal Airspace: 1.15-1.25 cubic feet

Mounting Hole Dia: 11 inches

Examples of a few woofers known to fit: JL Audio W6v2, Alpine Type-r

TY in advance for any help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.