Taramps! Unreliable Garbage or Good Amps?

I installed my MD 1200.1. Not too impressed. Knobs feel cheap and wobbly. The manual says use 5 gauge power/ground. My 4 gauge fit with ferrules I use them anyway but I don't see a quality 4 gauge fitting without them unless you are good at twisting wire tight or shave some strands. I had to crank my sub control from +3 to +8 and the gain near half just to appear as loud as my JBL GTR amp. The amp is twice the rms as my sub so wasn't cranking it and the fan turned on I can hear it over the music which is annoying.. Likely will put my JBL back in and save for a better amp that has a high pass/subsonic.

Never heard of a single PPI 900.4 or 1000.1 blow up. Literally the best selling/most popular 4 channel of all time on car audio forums.
I lost a channel on one, basically turned it into either a 3ch or a brick depending how you look at it. Not worth repairing it.

Never heard of a single PPI 900.4 or 1000.1 blow up. Literally the best selling/most popular 4 channel of all time on car audio forums.
Lost 2 of the 4 channels on my 900.4. Took it to my local dealer and he noted that channels where burning out right after the warranty expired (wasn't worth it cost wise to fix it).

He shortly stop carrying PPI at his shop which was good timing because Epsilon got rid of the Phantom line during the line reshuffle

I got my taramps md5000 repaired but it was due to user error...battery lead came loose off the battery and was loosing connection from the battery when i was driving meaning my voltage was jumping all over the place...which damaged the power supply section on the amp.

An installer told me that my DS800X4 had two bad outputs. So, I contacted the seller and received a new one in two days, no questions asked. The outputs ended up being fine, so, it was installer error. The seller never asked for the amp with the allegedly bad outputs returned. I don't know if this is a common practice with sellers off of Amazon, but it was my experience.

Bass series, you can wire them in the dirt like a Korean amp they say....
Screenshot_20200813-201748_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200813-201755_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200813-201800_Facebook.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.