Taramps Reviews?

Participant count
  • Participant list

H_L

Has anyone had anything to do with Taramps amplifiers? They do pretty big amps but I can’t find any decent reviews!!  I’ve only found a dyno test on the 3k and it turned out fairly good.

https://www.taramps.com.br/en/produto/bass-15k/

Questions are? They are cheap in price buy why are allot of big installs using them if they are cheap? Like I wouldn’t trust a very cheap amp on a massive setup like that.

So it has me wondering is this true or what?

They are labelled  15,000 rms  14.4v 1ohm and it does say .15%thd but I don’t think so I think it’s more like  1% or higher I reckon BUT still it has a maximum power consumption of 1302A so that’s 1302 x 14.4 = roughly 18k max power consumption so it can’t be too bad can it?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Lots and lots of people use Taramps around here, with a couple people using around 8-10 of their amplifiers so far. Plus as you said they test very well on all sorts of dyno tests on youtube.  @Jeffdachef has 2 of the 15k Taramp made amplifiers pushing 4 18" subwoofers from Team Ascendant 18s per his signature . He can tell you all about them I'm sure later on today when he is back on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its cheap because theres no rebadging middle man ******** that you guys are indoctrinated to think with all the expensive amps which is all from the same factories in Korea. The cost is from shipping and guys over here putting in an order for the amp, slapping their brand name on it and a premium price on it so they can make their profit.

Taramps on the otherhand is sold directly from the factory itself with no middle man rebadging ********. Hence the price. Doesn't make it inferior in any way.

Cheers guys!!!

It’s hard to find decent reviews or dynos for these amps especially the high power ones like 8k, 15k etc…

Also I love seeing inside the amps too in the youtube reviews.

I did hear that you should run them a bit higher than rated impedance as it’s way more stable BUT I assume that’s with all types of amps???

If anyone knows any reviews, demos, dynos on these amps please can you let me know!!

Thankyou so much!!

I’ve had 11 of them and never had a single issue. From their 800x4s to their 20k.

the smart3, bass line, and hd15k can run half ohm. The MD12k has a .5 ohm model as well. I would not recommend running any other Taramps at .5. But running the 1 ohm models at 1 ohm is perfectly fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.