Bad amp maybe?

Participant count
  • Participant list

CodyDaGoat

OR
i have 2 orion hcca15s and 2 orion XTR2500.1dz amps. One amp no matter which sub its hooked up to will cause the sub to play without any music on. It thumps every 3 or 4 seconds like it’s on beat with something but thats all I get. When I unhooked the speaker from the box, I kept getting sparks while testing each sub. Both amps are powered and grounded directly to my batteries in the trunk. Wiring all seems good, does it with RCAs unplugged, at this point I assume it’s a bad amp?

i have 2 orion hcca15s and 2 orion XTR2500.1dz amps. One amp no matter which sub its hooked up to will cause the sub to play without any music on. It thumps every 3 or 4 seconds like it’s on beat with something but thats all I get. When I unhooked the speaker from the box, I kept getting sparks while testing each sub. Both amps are powered and grounded directly to my batteries in the trunk. Wiring all seems good, does it with RCAs unplugged, at this point I assume it’s a bad amp?
Every time I've seen that it's a bad amp. The only other thing to check is RCA's.

Every time I've seen that it's a bad amp. The only other thing to check is RCA's.
Yeah the signal is split using a RCA distribution box. Signal from the deck is the same to both amps and only that one does it even with the RCAs unplugged. Going to put it on the bench at work tomorrow to double check but I'm swapping them out for some wolfram amps to see how they are.

Speaking of Wolfram amps, they're comig out with some new ones. Surprised boomingrandpa hasn't made a post about 'em yet since he has a hard on with them.

have you tried that bad RCA with the other amp? And if you get the same result, it's the RCA.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.