Taramps prices...?

You should look into 5K realistically... I feel that you have HALF the power you need to really make those X's do their job... gettin' LOW...

That's BS....and 1 pair of outputs putting out close to 10K?? I doubt it. Look at other amps....they use 2-3 outputs for power. I don't think you realize that.

Trust me I realize it. My amp right now has dual 1/0 power/ground but these Brazilian amps use a different type of tech.

I've seen the dyno on these amps. The power is not what I'm concerned about. It's 100% about me buying one of these and I don't even get to play it because it smokes.

That's BS....and 1 pair of outputs putting out close to 10K?? I doubt it. Look at other amps....they use 2-3 outputs for power. I don't think you realize that.
Brazilian amps have been doing this for a LONG time. There just isn't room on those small amps for multiple power and ground terminals so use very short runs from the battery bank or use multiple input terminals from toolmaker or similar. Most of the Brazil amps will make rated power or close enough to it.

Yes, there's a reliability issue, but there is with any amp of that power level and if you're buying new, put up the extra 70$ or whatever and buy the third party warranty from eBay/Amazon or whatever.

I'm seeing a few Taramps around here and they seem to be performing very nicely.

The hd8k is the best bang for buck Taramps amp. Yes it does rated power. I had one. As well as 7 other taramps amps with zero issues.

But I would recommend buying from an authorized dealer.

It's a quality issue. You might get a good amp you might get a bad amp. Do you have time to wait around to send an amp to get fixed if you get a bad one? Is it worth the frustration. I feel like buying taramps amps is like playing the lotto, and I never will the lotto.

It's a quality issue. You might get a good amp you might get a bad amp. Do you have time to wait around to send an amp to get fixed if you get a bad one? Is it worth the frustration. I feel like buying taramps amps is like playing the lotto, and I never will the lotto.
Thats pretty much what ive heard about them too, kinda risky. But if you have good luck, they are total beasts! Also, ive read that one should NEVER run them under their stated ohm rating unless you want it to look like you have 8 teenagers vaping in your trunk

Thats pretty much what ive heard about them too, kinda risky. But if you have good luck, they are total beasts! Also, ive read that one should NEVER run them under their stated ohm rating unless you want it to look like you have 8 teenagers vaping in your trunk
I think that was true of the older series amps but most of the newer stuff seems to take lower ohm loads, I am running the HD15K at 0.5 ohm and so far no problems.

I think that was true of the older series amps but most of the newer stuff seems to take lower ohm loads, I am running the HD15K at 0.5 ohm and so far no problems.
oh, right on then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.