Taramps MD or Bass

Yes, I thought the MD line was better. This thread fucked my whole program.
Both do the same job. MD is good for anyone running 1 ohm, easier on electricals and flexible if you want to upgrade later and use the MD for monster mids. Bass line is for people wiring their **** to the dirt for competition burps. You obviously dont compete or burp, you play normal music wired at 1 ohm. So in your case the md line is superior to the bass line. While a competitor or someone that came from korean amps and want to wire to the dirt would value the bass line over the MD line. Its apples to oranges dude. Neither is better.

Both do the same job. MD is good for anyone running 1 ohm, easier on electricals and flexible if you want to upgrade later and use the MD for monster mids. Bass line is for people wiring their **** to the dirt for competition burps. You obviously dont compete or burp, you play normal music wired at 1 ohm. So in your case the md line is superior to the bass line. While a competitor or someone that came from korean amps and want to wire to the dirt would value the bass line over the MD line. Its apples to oranges dude. Neither is better.
I've kind of come to the conclusion that even the bass line, while it will handle .35dcr, isn't really robust enough for it. I've heard rumors of the drive IC's not really being up to the job. I mean, a lot of koreans are the same way in that they're not 100% stable at such low loads but I do hope taramps fixes some of the issues and puts out a truly robust half ohm bass line.

I've kind of come to the conclusion that even the bass line, while it will handle .35dcr, isn't really robust enough for it. I've heard rumors of the drive IC's not really being up to the job. I mean, a lot of koreans are the same way in that they're not 100% stable at such low loads but I do hope taramps fixes some of the issues and puts out a truly robust half ohm bass line.
stable for a burp, Not borderline clipping rebassed demo music.

stable for a burp, Not borderline clipping rebassed demo music.
Yeah no **** lol I've still seen some cases where it's suspect whether or not the person overdrove the amp or not. I'm pretty confident in what I've been told that the drive IC's need to be upgraded considering how often they're found failed

Now, I feel like I cheaped out by getting the MD line when the Bass line was the better choice.
yes this is a couple years late but the bass line takes a crap ton of power to even get what its rated you have to have great electrical , i have the bass 5k and i have it wired to 1.4 rising to 2 ohms after box rise and im only getting 2,300 watts outa it . if your still looking for an amp get the smart bass line its rated at 12.6 i believe . i know a guy who is running 35 ah of lithium and hes clamping over 6k out of a 5k

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...