Taramps HV 12k

Participant count
  • Participant list

audiobaun
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
USA
I am looking into possibly picking one of the amps up The Taramps HV 12k along with the DS 1200 x4 ch. and maybe 1 or 2 DS 440x4. Any experiences with any of these amps of what they like or dislike about any listed? Anyone running the HV 12k? I"ll have the battery bank to run all 4 if needed and an extra HO Alt if needed. Thanks for any information and experiencing.

How picky are these amps as power needs? I am going to be shooting for just above 14v/14.6 v is where i am at now, and on the low at a min of 13v is where Id like to be.

They are rated at 12.6 volts and can run down to 9 volts and up to 15.5-16 volts just fine. They have 4 big fans and stay pretty cool unless you start clipping the **** out of them then the fans kick into overdrive. I beat the ever living **** out of my HD10k and never had an issue out of it and the MD line is even better built.

I would deff recommend an HO alternator to run a 12k as it will pull around 600 amps on music.
The one complaint I have with Taramps is the build quality isn’t perfect. The pots are some times tweaked and don’t sit perfectly.

They are rated at 12.6 volts and can run down to 9 volts and up to 15.5-16 volts just fine. They have 4 big fans and stay pretty cool unless you start clipping the **** out of them then the fans kick into overdrive. I beat the ever living **** out of my HD10k and never had an issue out of it and the MD line is even better built.

I would deff recommend an HO alternator to run a 12k as it will pull around 600 amps on music.
The one complaint I have with Taramps is the build quality isn’t perfect. The pots are some times tweaked and don’t sit perfectly.
Great Info. Ill be pulling the 255 amp alt out and I have a 320 that will go in,and two group 78s under the hood and 6 more in the rear. I figured that fans may be needed. I usually use them and elevate the amps.Well, I guess you get what you pay for. LOL.I mean, how good has Quality Control been the last 10years.lol. I do have a dual alt bracket, but Im thinking that the 320 and battery bank will be plenty. Wont know till its ran.I may just run the 12k on the subs first and play around with the front stage amps with what I have. Ive got some Zed Micros 250x1s that should be some help up front

Great Info. Ill be pulling the 255 amp alt out and I have a 320 that will go in,and two group 78s under the hood and 6 more in the rear. I figured that fans may be needed. I usually use them and elevate the amps.Well, I guess you get what you pay for. LOL.I mean, how good has Quality Control been the last 10years.lol. I do have a dual alt bracket, but Im thinking that the 320 and battery bank will be plenty. Wont know till its ran.I may just run the 12k on the subs first and play around with the front stage amps with what I have. Ive got some Zed Micros 250x1s that should be some help up front
Dual alts plus caps (or lithium) are a far superior and lighter weight solution. The day of huge lead acid battery banks is nearly gone. If you have them, fine, otherwise another solution is going to be better.

Dual alts plus caps (or lithium) are a far superior and lighter weight solution. The day of huge lead acid battery banks is nearly gone. If you have them, fine, otherwise another solution is going to be better.
I have a total of 8 AGM batteries and 2 more if needed.This will not be a daily driver .Just a weekend driver at times

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.