Taramps 12k 0.5 ohm or SFB-13500D?

Participant count
  • Participant list
If the SFB isn't the higher quality Sundown amps, I'd run the Taramps. I have several customers that run taramps, and they seem to perform well, if you feed them what they need.

If the SFB isn't the higher quality Sundown amps, I'd run the Taramps. I have several customers that run taramps, and they seem to perform well, if you feed them what they need.
But he only need half of the amps power to run the subs
1 ohm should be fine
Just going by what the OP posted. He's saying he wants to run the Taramps at ½ ohm. Maybe, he has two dual 2 ohm subs. Who knows.
I would take the Md12000 0.5 myself.
Taramps makes quite a few amps that are .5 ohm stable. ;)

Thanks for the insight.

I don't have the subs yet. I would get 2 Ohm DVC for 0.5 ohm and 1 Ohm DVC for 1 ohm final impedance. It's mostly just Taramps vs Sundown Full Bridge.

From what I understand I will have less impedance rise wired to half ohm?

I have had good experiences with Taramps but I was wondering if the Sundown Full Bridge option might be better than Taramps for quality and reliability. The build quality of the Taramps is extremely cheap. And yeah I will only be pulling ~5kw from either of them.

"I would get 2 Ohm DVC for 0.5 ohm and 1 Ohm DVC for 1 ohm final impedance."

Wait you want to get 2 different coil subwoofers? Am I reading that right?????? Or am I completely misreading,lol. Which is possible after just waking up!

If so that won't work. Just get 2 dual 1 ohm subwoofers and wire them like this below at the link. I had to do that and it will be a 1 ohm load on the amplifier

"I would get 2 Ohm DVC for 0.5 ohm and 1 Ohm DVC for 1 ohm final impedance."

Wait you want to get 2 different coil subwoofers? Am I reading that right?????? Or am I completely misreading,lol. Which is possible after just waking up!

If so that won't work. Just get 2 dual 1 ohm subwoofers and wire them like this below at the link. I had to do that and it will be a 1 ohm load on the amplifier

I guess I am bad at explaining. I meant that if I get the 0.5 ohm amplifier, I will get 2 Ohm DVC subs and wire to 0.5. If I get the 1 ohm amplifier I will get 1 Ohm DVC subs and wire to 1.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...