Take more?!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SteelKiller
10+ year member

Portland
2-10" SA Classics on a RF Prime 1200.1. 1/0 ofc to distribution block and 4 gauge to the amp. I set my gains correctly but I really feel these subs can handle way more. Running at 1 ohm so they are seeing right at RMS. How much can they take? They are in about 1.25'/sub and it's "tuned" to 38hz. They are loud now but I feel they could handle a lot more, not sure what they can take!!!

I would not recommend going over 100 rms per sub..I had some SA12s and was happy to get rid of them and stepped up to a much better sub/subs.American Bass TNT,XFLs S.Qubed HDS210s, the HDS310s were so much better on some juice. Id be careful and stay out of constant Clipping before you damage a sub and or subs and an amplifier in the process. If you want more.. get more power and a beefier sub/set of subs and and an enclosure tuned to 34 htz to start with. It wont take long for a sub to seize/cook once its reached its Xmax Limitations daily and more and get warmer with more power beyond the RMS ratings. Might take a week, couple days or a month or two... but its going to happen, it can take a couple seconds even

Last edited:
I would not recommend going over 100 rms per sub..I had some SA12s and was happy to get rid of them and stepped up to a much better sub/subs.American Bass TNT,XFLs S.Qubed HDS210s, the HDS310s were so much better on some juice. Id be careful and stay out of constant Clipping before you damage a sub and or subs and an amplifier in the process. If you want more.. get more power and a beefier sub/set of subs and and an enclosure tuned to 34 htz to start with. It wont take long for a sub to seize/cook once its reached its Xmax Limitations daily and more and get warmer with more power beyond the RMS ratings. Might take a week, couple days or a month or two... but its going to happen, it can take a couple seconds even
Definitely not clipping them!!!! And I would say they aren't close to their xmax. Only reason I went with then is depth limitations, under seat in a truck.

I'd say look around and confirm you can get stronger subs that will work if you blow your SA's.
If you have options, go for it!

Get an amp with lots of power for future flexibility and then see how the SA's do when you push them harder.

I went through 3 amps (300, 500, 750) on a 10" sub and my 3rd amp was a big step up in power. I really noticed louder more powerful bass when I put 750 to it. Sub was rated for 450 RMS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...