Tahoe/Yukon Wall experience needed / S10 blowthrough

Participant count
  • Participants list

Blove1991
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Who has experience with walls in Tahoes?

I am looking at Gen 1 or Gen 2 Tahoes and was curious on your opinion on both as far as wall setups.

Such as space constraints

Are both just as simple to run triple+ alts?

One easier for runs of wire?

Is it me or does the Gen 1 have more issues with door sag/shutting and window tracks when mixed with bass?

I originally had interest in just doing a blowthrough in an S-10 but in my local area, the Tahoes are much cheaper for some reason and it seems it would just be a lot easier to get loud with a hoe versus a blowthrough S-10.

Thanks for the input

I would do a gen 2. Gen 1's can fit more alt easy from what I've seen, but I think gen 2's are overall a little bit better for audio, unless you really are going to get into the vehicle and make it audio oriented.

I own a Tahoe and an s10...whoever told you a wall in a Tahoe is cheaper must be high. S10's have much less cabin space area, therefore should get louder easily. I don't have wall exp but Tahoe's have much more cabin space so need more power/watts to get loud.
@Hertz Mafia has somewhat wall exp.

[quote name='Buck']I would do a gen 2. Gen 1's can fit more alt easy from what I've seen, but I think gen 2's are overall a little bit better for audio, unless you really are going to get into the vehicle and make it audio oriented.[/QUOTE]

I see, thanks for the input Buck. I think they overall have a better look. They just appear more rounded to me

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']I own a Tahoe and an s10...whoever told you a wall in a Tahoe is cheaper must be high. S10's have much less cabin space area, therefore should get louder easily. I don't have wall exp but Tahoe's have much more cabin space so need more power/watts to get loud.
@Hertz Mafia has somewhat wall exp.[/QUOTE]

My bad boomin, I meant in regards to the price of the vehicle. As far as on craigslist at least in the last month, the Tahoes seem to be going cheaper than S-10s to an extent anyways.

I see, thanks for the input Buck. I think they overall have a better look. They just appear more rounded to me

My bad boomin, I meant in regards to the price of the vehicle. As far as on craigslist at least in the last month, the Tahoes seem to be going cheaper than S-10s to an extent anyways.
Ah...think I know why too: Gas prices. v8 vs. a 4 banger or even a v6 is easier on the budget/financial status. Mine is a 98 ext cab. Vortec v6...2nd generation but I picked a good one. Over 200K miles but runs good....can still peel out if I wanted to. Has the 3rd door too which comes in handy. I did have a 92 s10 blazer for thee longest time tho...

First vehicle was an S10 so I have a soft spot for them. Def don't want a Gen 1 S10 though lol
And why not?! They're pretty popular due to their roomyness for a v8 swap, if someone chose to.

This was taken at my job...not on 20's but those Cooper tires were not cheap either!! I think 14" or 15" rims..bought it already lowered.

BNCKE4S.jpg

Blowthrus are not as loud as walls generally. Our team has an s10 blowthru, 158.3 sealed on 4 15s and 16k. Our tahoe is 61.2 sealed. 4 18s and about 20k.

Its extremely rare to see a musical 160 sealed blowthru. There are tons of walled tahoes doing that

Blowthrus are not as loud as walls generally. Our team has an s10 blowthru, 158.3 sealed on 4 15s and 16k. Our tahoe is 61.2 sealed. 4 18s and about 20k.
Its extremely rare to see a musical 160 sealed blowthru. There are tons of walled tahoes doing that
I'm not disagreeing with you, but the example you gave, I would expect that kind of drop.

Although yes walled Tahoe should get louder easier then a blowthru, There’s really not tons of 160+ musical Tahoe’s

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']I own a Tahoe and an s10...whoever told you a wall in a Tahoe is cheaper must be high. S10's have much less cabin space area, therefore should get louder easily. I don't have wall exp but Tahoe's have much more cabin space so need more power/watts to get loud.
@Hertz Mafia has somewhat wall exp.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's not how things work. Some vehicles are just very friendly for getting loud and some are not. I'd take the tahoe. Plenty of room for equipment and under the hood for alternators and there's plenty of loud ones proving that loud is at least possible in them.

[quote name='Hertz Mafia']Although yes walled Tahoe should get louder easier then a blowthru, There’s really not tons of 160+ musical Tahoe’s[/QUOTE]

There's not really a lot of musical 160s period.

That all said, Tahoe seems very popular so whether they're friendly to meter, cheap, or just easy to work on, who knows but I'd take one over a pickup for the goal of doing a wall.

Theres just plenty of space in tahoes. 4 18 flat wall is an easy build in them.

Lets say there arent tons of 160 musical tahoes, altho quite a few immediately come to mind... how many 160 musical blowthrus are there? Not walk thrus.... i cant think of any off the top of my head

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.