Tahoe rims

speedyjuarez

Premium Member
Premium Member
I'm looking at buying some rims for my 99 Tahoe 5 lug. I really like those texas edition replica wheels in a 20 or 22 but they only come in 6 lug for newer chevys.

Should I change spindles and whatever else I need to be 6 lug?

What rims do you guys recommend for a 5 lug chevy?

C1500martin

CarAudio.com Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
Cali
its 5x5 right? Id love some billets but theyre expensive, i really like my u2 55s but theyre played out already. They brcame the irocs of the 21st century. The dub ballers are pretty sick

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
Jul 24, 2005
WA
Mine is 6 lug...wish I could get rims for mine.

Check Cl...always see rims f/s on there.

wew lad

wew lad inc
Mar 22, 2015
MA
i know on chevy trucks with front spindles and coils the hub bearing is a one piece assembly, you can probably change them out but those are 150 a piece or so, the rear if you have a diff (i think tahoes do) would be easiest done by getting an axle off a 6 lug from the junk yard. you could try to find something with 4.10 or 4.53 gears to help with larger tires.

cheapest place for rims is amazon.. but if you want 20s or larger expect to pay a pretty penny. i got my 16x8s for $400 shipped to my door, but im running mud tires so its a different set up.

Slo_Ride

Take It Eazy
Oct 15, 2005
Area 51
boomins is factory 6 lug. it depends on what chassis you have, half ton or three quarter ton. i do not recommend changing over to six lug, just find different wheels.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Around 1100 on rims and another 800 on tires
thats a five lug truck

speedyjuarez

Premium Member
Premium Member
I found a guy on gmfs forum that sells them in 5 lug for 1150 shipped. I believe he had them custom made for his shop. Norcal SS is his name and he has good reviews from buyers on wheels and drop kits. I think he's in the San Fran area.

los33

Car Audio G
Apr 11, 2014
Houston, TX
Just ordered my rims from that guy, Ill post pics once I get them.
I would love texas edition rims too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.

I just cant take buying a rim each at 350$ from chevy dealership then they want another 500 just to install them as they wont let rims out the door without install.

I ended up buying stock chevy tahoe rims 20's non texas edition. Still look clean, but not as much as the others would have.

Plus my 3.42 gears made me get another tune just to compensate the heavier rims.

I really need 3.73 gears.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
Jul 24, 2005
WA
I didn't change a thing or modify anything...as that can get pretty costly.

I see Tahoe rims and/or tires all the time on CL. Some cheap too.

speedyjuarez

Premium Member
Premium Member
Black out your tahoe...
Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
Not to big on black, but it might look nice.

Next on to do list.

2 inch drop on front and back

Chrome smoothie front bumper no lights or lic plate

Billet grille on front

Roll pan on rear

Remove roof rack and all badges and black rubber stuff on sides

Then paint.