system

Did anyone tell you the $2,500 your electrical system will cost to run that and about another $1,000 for multi 1/0 or larger runs, cost to build box and amp your door speakers and replace them if necessary AND another $1,000 minimum for sound deadening...

hehe, i cant just tell what makes a good system, but i can tell u what to expect to run a good system.

You will need sound deadening to keep your sound in the vehicle as much as possible. You will also need something such as Rattle Pad put in behind all interior panels to prevent rattles.

You may need spectrum sludge on the outside of your ride to prevent things from "shimmering" that is causing a nuisance.

You will need, on average, enough batteries aH rating to meet half of your amps rated pull rating.

So, for example, if you wanted to run 2 5,000w amps, that's typically capable of pulling 1,000A, you want something around 500aH worth of batteries for daily. That would be 5 D3100s = 585aH

You will also need a 250-400A alternator or dual 200-250A alts if that's possible for your ride.

You will need plenty of 1/0 or larger runs to suffice.

The cost to build your box is most expensive when doing bracing and\or multi layered sides.

Also, if u do put all this in your ride, you will also have to invest in a NEW suspension system. Most vehicles weight capacity is only 800-1450lbs.

5 D3100s = 390lbs

2 high end subs - 100-140lbs

2 amps ~ 40lbs

box ~ 100-250lbs

sound deadening - 100 - 160lbs

weight - 730-980lbs.

then you gotta add the weight of how much YOU weigh, how much gas is in the vehicle anything else you are hauling around and any passengers.

To fix this, you need coil overs for the rear if ur ride supports them OR air ride suspension.

Either way you go, you are lookin at $1,000 - $4,000 for just the bare minimum parts minus labor.

hehe, i cant just tell what makes a good system, but i can tell u what to expect to run a good system.
You will need sound deadening to keep your sound in the vehicle as much as possible. You will also need something such as Rattle Pad put in behind all interior panels to prevent rattles.

You may need spectrum sludge on the outside of your ride to prevent things from "shimmering" that is causing a nuisance.

You will need, on average, enough batteries aH rating to meet half of your amps rated pull rating.

So, for example, if you wanted to run 2 5,000w amps, that's typically capable of pulling 1,000A, you want something around 500aH worth of batteries for daily. That would be 5 D3100s = 585aH

You will also need a 250-400A alternator or dual 200-250A alts if that's possible for your ride.

You will need plenty of 1/0 or larger runs to suffice.

The cost to build your box is most expensive when doing bracing and\or multi layered sides.

Also, if u do put all this in your ride, you will also have to invest in a NEW suspension system. Most vehicles weight capacity is only 800-1450lbs.

5 D3100s = 390lbs

2 high end subs - 100-140lbs

2 amps ~ 60lbs (Atomic 5k's are 29 apiece)

box ~ 100-250lbs

sound deadening - 100 - 160lbs

weight - 730-980lbs.

then you gotta add the weight of how much YOU weigh, how much gas is in the vehicle anything else you are hauling around and any passengers.

To fix this, you need coil overs for the rear if ur ride supports them OR air ride suspension. Coil overs are cheaper but I chose air bags

Either way you go, you are lookin at $1,000 - $4,000 for just the bare minimum parts minus labor.
Good advice and pretty accurate.

OP that is a monster set up! Go for it! Those 5k's are very efficient amps but running 2 is gonna be taxing on your electrical system. Go ahead and get the stuff but install 1 5k and slowly build your stuff up to take that kind of draw.

Have fun man!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

BTW when you call Randy at Atomic to place your order tell him Thor says hi!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i just trying to find a good system to do daily driving and spl he told me that it would be the loudest aroud my town and im just trying to have a awesome system thats sounds good and you can hear me coming down the road... im planning on building a mini truck if possible but trying to start with the basics is my key to sucess as my basics are getting a nice system ... and then doing work to my truck . first thing i am going to do is get dynamat for the truck b4 i even start on it i have a couple boxes already built but the thing is trying to find the right system that i can bump with i love hardcore rap and country music with lots of bass so trying to start on is is the first thing on my agenda...

it looks like u have the right idea just do some research and i think u have to get a better understanding of how much this will cost u in the end.. Now with that said if u have the money i do think u will be loud just look around here and see what otheres are doin with 1500-3000 rms. u can get away with a ho alt 1/0 wire and 2 batts if done right..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.