System upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

2001f150
10+ year member

needs more cow bell
So I have two Rockford Fosgate P3D412 powered by a Rockford P1000-1bd and I am looking at upgrading to two L7 15s and two hifonics Bxi1208d amps. So my question is this a good choice? I have never really had any personal experiences with DD or FI or some of the other companies that seem to be preferred on the forums. So should I go with the kickers or try something diffrent?

i liked my l7's. got plenty loud but i was running near 2000rms to each. for the small price difference get the bxi1608D/bxi1606D. They can handle it, not to mention those amps are slightly overrated.

The 15's would be in a vented box. My truck is a super cab so I am going to take out my rear seats and make a false floor to level it all out. With the false floor I will have space to store the amps and have the box on the false floor. Reason I am not walling is I like to be able to look out my back window. And how bad are hifonics over rated? Is there a better amp that Icould buy for the money?

The 15's would be in a vented box. My truck is a super cab so I am going to take out my rear seats and make a false floor to level it all out. With the false floor I will have space to store the amps and have the box on the false floor. Reason I am not walling is I like to be able to look out my back window. And how bad are hifonics over rated? Is there a better amp that Icould buy for the money?
there good amps, cant really beat them for the $. Usually around couple hundred watts. Depending on what your paying for them the only thing i can think of that could compete price/power wise is the GP3000d-pro. Plenty extra power.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?Source=googlebase&ProductID=18538

Ok I might just stick with the hifonics and go with the BXi1608D. Cause I have heard that they are pretty decent amps. Also this is a noob question but are there any major diffrences from year to year on the kicker woofers? I see that some woofers change cone colors from year to year, but is there any other diffrences?

Ok I might just stick with the hifonics and go with the BXi1608D. Cause I have heard that they are pretty decent amps. Also this is a noob question but are there any major diffrences from year to year on the kicker woofers? I see that some woofers change cone colors from year to year, but is there any other diffrences?
not that i know of, i think the new 08 models have woven tinsels though.

Ok I didn't think they could change that much in a year. So besides going to a larger woofer will I notice a diffrence in quality of sound?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.