system suggestions

speedped79
10+ year member

ok this is gonna be going in a 94 firebird in a a dual 10 bandpass box that fits perfect in the hatch. i used to have 2 10in lanzar maxs and a profile 800 watt amp bridged and it sounded really good and bumped good too. i usually set it up with the bass boost like 1/4 turn gain 1/2 low power and the bass on the head unit set at -6 and i was able to turn it up to about 30 and have clear highs and good bass but the amp was old and had a few issues and i sold the subs. so christmas is gcoming and im looking for new 10,s and a amp. im pretty set on the power acoustic goliath1200 amp as ive heard of good things and good reviews. subs im lookin at the power acoustic fubr 10,s. im wondering how this will sound compared to my old setup. and will these subs play at the volume i want which is 25-30 max out of 60 so about half volume. ive read the play low so is half volume too much? the other subs i vere looking at were the lanzar max pros 10 in which are 1200watt max compared to my old 800. or the other choice is the volfenhags. basically im trying to keep it around 50-60 max a sub and 150 max for the amp any suggestions i want it as loud and hard hitting as possible

ok this is gonna be going in a 94 firebird in a a dual 10 bandpass box that fits perfect in the hatch. i used to have 2 10in lanzar maxs and a profile 800 watt amp bridged and it sounded really good and bumped good too. i usually set it up with the bass boost like 1/4 turn gain 1/2 low power and the bass on the head unit set at -6 and i was able to turn it up to about 30 and have clear highs and good bass but the amp was old and had a few issues and i sold the subs. so christmas is gcoming and im looking for new 10,s and a amp. im pretty set on the power acoustic goliath1200 amp as ive heard of good things and good reviews. subs im lookin at the power acoustic fubr 10,s. im wondering how this will sound compared to my old setup. and will these subs play at the volume i want which is 25-30 max out of 60 so about half volume. ive read the play low so is half volume too much? the other subs i vere looking at were the lanzar max pros 10 in which are 1200watt max compared to my old 800. or the other choice is the volfenhags. basically im trying to keep it around 50-60 max a sub and 150 max for the amp any suggestions i want it as loud and hard hitting as possible
bump?

hmm, the price range makes this a little hard, honestly, if you up your budget a little bit you could do 1000x better, I'm not even joking. Look around online and you can find amazing deals on really good products. Most of the equipment you mentioned isn't all that great. I've seen worse stuff, but you can do better for the price, especially if you take you time. If I was you here's what I'd do

1.Get someone to build you a box: Someone on these forums will probably build you a really nice box for cheap. Just give them the dimensions {height width and depth) of the space your willing to lose. A sub is only as good as the box it is in.

2. For a sub/sub's on a budget. I'd try ascendant audio. You can get an assasin 10 for 70 bucks, it will outperform your old subs by a large margin for a very small price increase.

3.For a good but cheap amp try finding a used hifonics amplifier.

i already have a box im pretty sey on using my bandpass as it fits perfect. that assasin sub dosnt look too appealing. i would go with kicker but i cant afford that basically its gonna be one of the cheaper subs its just which one. how much more would the lanzar max pro hit compared to the regular max and how much more would the power acoustic hit compared to the lanzar do to it have bigger magnets and higher excursion?

thanks steve

i already have a box im pretty sey on using my bandpass as it fits perfect. that assasin sub dosnt look too appealing. i would go with kicker but i cant afford that basically its gonna be one of the cheaper subs its just which one. how much more would the lanzar max pro hit compared to the regular max and how much more would the power acoustic hit compared to the lanzar do to it have bigger magnets and higher excursion?
thanks steve
I would do what tempest said, if your stuck on your bandpass box, then your going to have to buy the same subs. The box was built for those subs. And the assisains would flat out **** on the lanzar subs you have listed.

the lanzars did not come in the box. i got the box from a friends a while ago the subs sit facing up and the ports are in the back. and how would those assisains be tha tmuch better when everything about them is smaller?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.