system suggestion for friend

IgnoreMe
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com VIP
caraudio.com
ok well my friend is in high school and is on a budget of course. well hes not really IN to car audio like visiting forums and reading up on it all day and stuff like that but if i tell him to read up on something a little he will. well he came up to me and asked for help on a system. i asked him how much he will have to spend and he said he wants good quality for a low price, so automatically im thinking kicker, alpine(some of their products), clarion, and a few others. unfortunatly he cant afford the xxx, d2, or any of the super subs. well here is what i came up for him so far. by the way hes got an SUV.

headunit: still need a little help deciding

subwoofers: kicker 12" cvr's dual 2 ohm or 4ohm depending on amp

amp: jbl 600.1(any other suggestions?)

speakers: suggest a good coaxial speaker(as i have only dealt with component sets and havent heard any aftermarket coaxials)

speaker amp: jbl bp80.2 would work with kicker resolutions but i dont know if they would work for the coaxial set that you guys would suggest. i think about 80 watts per channel would be good.

all catagories are up for suggestion. if i get responses back today i am gonna show print this out or something to show my friend.

Well some kicker stuff is cheap, don't count on clarion being to cheap, or alpine.

But those kickers i like them but i think you could do better, in my oppinion.

Head unit: http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/SONCDXM630 you can get it at best buy for cheaper im just showing you the sound domain because it has all its info.

Theirs the deck at best buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051384092933&skuId=4465634&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03066

Subs: http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/ABNAW1006T Get one of those and that in my oppinion are more powerful subs, some people don't like audiobahn but i have heard them and read ratings they are good quality, very powerful subs. I think one of those 10's will blow those kickers away, but again just my oppinion. If he can afford two than good.

Amplifier: http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/JBLBP12001 ,so i don't know if it will underpower it, let me check on it. Since they are dual 2 ohm im thinking they can be hooked up at a 2ohm load, so you will be over the wattage by 300watts.

Speakers: How big are his openings for speakers?

Speakers amp: to be determined after i get speaker sizes.

If this is too much let me know.

Question is? Is that too much, cause i can find other stuff if you tell me. I'm thinkin that that sub is gonna need a expensive amp with the power to power it, so you underpower it.

well i can get him a good clarion that got good reviews from car audio magazine from ikesound for only 99 bucks. its got good features too. so clarion can be a very affordable brand. alpine makes some cheap headunits too altho as soon as the really good features are added, the price rockets up. anyways, i cant just reccomend him a sub that i havent heard before(i could for myself but i couldnt reccomend one to one of my friend and risk having him unsatisfied with his system because of me). i have heard the kickers and they sounded good to me so im pretty sure he will go with those. i checked out the space for his doors at crutchfield and it says hes got 5.25" in the front and the rear doors. so thats what im lookin at. anyone wanna reccomend a good coaxial for the front stage? if not i will suggest him some componenets that i have heard before. one more thing about the head unit, if i cant get him anything cheap with good features i am just gonna reccomend him an eclipse 5 series and tell him to save up for it a little more.

Yeah its the DB235, honestly the lower line clarions aren't too good, but if you spend a little more for one the good ones then they are worth getting. Now alpine, hes gonna want something with 3 pre outs, 2 rca pre outs for speaker amps, and one sub out to control the subs, so he is gonna have to spend a little more on deck. That sony has all of that 3 pre outs. Let me try and find a alpine for ya!

Circuit city sells the alpine decks the cheapest around from what ive seen.

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&catoid=-8864&qp=0&oid=86198

That should suit him, and it has all he needs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.