System jacked!!! Help me build a new one!

loudfivepoint0
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well, I haven't been on the forums in quite awhile now. About two months ago some punks busted my window out of my fiveoh and took pretty much my entire system. Right in the Target parking lot while I was at work, rediculous. Anyway, they took my 15XXX and the custom box I had built for it 4.2 cu ft at 32hz? i believe. Also took my ED nine.1 amp and avionixx 440.4. All they left was my Head unit and front comps. (Probably only because someone scared them off, in fact, one left their knife in my floorboard with my Head Unit.

So, now I need to start thinking about rebuilding. I've been thinking completely starting over, new HU and everything. My current HU is a Kenwood MP522....I think is the model number. I have CDT shallow mount EF-63's, once again not sure on the model number. I am limited on mounting depth with my comps, 6.5" is factory size. I have no rear fill, probably won't get any either.

I want the new system to sound more clear and louder. I'm not sure how I should go about doing so. The XXX was quite sloppy, but was insanely loud...at least to me. Hopefully I can do something like 2 12's if they can be made to be at least close to the same dbs as the XXX and better SQ. As far as brands, anything will work for me, as long as they are good. I plan on completely deadening my car interior, as I'll be restoring my factory interior over the summer as well. I will also be getting a new alarm, something with a pager so next time I'll know when somebody is messing with my car. Sorry for the long post, just trying to fill in all the details I can think of. Thanks guys, always been really helpful in the past!

-Dustin

Well, I haven't been on the forums in quite awhile now. About two months ago some punks busted my window out of my fiveoh and took pretty much my entire system. Right in the Target parking lot while I was at work, rediculous. Anyway, they took my 15XXX and the custom box I had built for it 4.2 cu ft at 32hz? i believe. Also took my ED nine.1 amp and avionixx 440.4. All they left was my Head unit and front comps. (Probably only because someone scared them off, in fact, one left their knife in my floorboard with my Head Unit.
So, now I need to start thinking about rebuilding. I've been thinking completely starting over, new HU and everything. My current HU is a Kenwood MP522....I think is the model number. I have CDT shallow mount EF-63's, once again not sure on the model number. I am limited on mounting depth with my comps, 6.5" is factory size. I have no rear fill, probably won't get any either.

I want the new system to sound more clear and louder. I'm not sure how I should go about doing so. The XXX was quite sloppy, but was insanely loud...at least to me. Hopefully I can do something like 2 12's if they can be made to be at least close to the same dbs as the XXX and better SQ. As far as brands, anything will work for me, as long as they are good. I plan on completely deadening my car interior, as I'll be restoring my factory interior over the summer as well. I will also be getting a new alarm, something with a pager so next time I'll know when somebody is messing with my car. Sorry for the long post, just trying to fill in all the details I can think of. Thanks guys, always been really helpful in the past!

-Dustin
any insurance???

Insurance won't cover theft in my case. Also,......no I didn't have an alarm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif which is probably why it got stolen. Where I lived before, I didn't have to worry about theft, after moving here to go to college, I didn't really think about someone stealing my system, but it happened!!

I do plan on getting an alarm put in before a system, I already have money for it, I'm just trying to find a shop to install GOOD alarms...any preferences on alarms?

Also, police came the night it happened and took the knife in for prints, but i'm sure you all know what happened with that......NOTHING. In fact, I haven't heard ONE thing back from them and it's been 2 months. I consider the system to be gone with no chance of recovery.

-Dustin
I feel your pain, I too have also been ripped off, but as for as 2 12s, SI Mags, they sound goood and do get loud some of the best subs I have ever heard ported.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess the XXX didn't really sound sloppy, that was a bad choice of words. It just didn't sound incredibly clear, nor did I expect it to. I think i'm just trying to make myself feel better about getting a new system by making my old one not sound so great.....lol

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess the XXX didn't really sound sloppy, that was a bad choice of words. It just didn't sound incredibly clear, nor did I expect it to. I think i'm just trying to make myself feel better about getting a new system by making my old one not sound so great.....lol
was prob cause you had something set wrong....friend had one and it was verrrry musical not sloppy at all

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.