System is messing up (Long Post)

WickedClown77
10+ year member

I just got a new 105 amp alternator put on yesterday with a brand new 700 cold cranking amp battery and my system still isnt pushing like it should. My old system was a jvc kameleon head unit, mtx 311d, 2 12" memphis pr-124's, memphis speakers. All of that got stolen awhile back then i got a clarion head unit with the mtx 311d amp and 2 12" RF Punch HE's. When i'm driving with my music on my subs will push as hard as they can then they'll sorta cut out and not play as loud. When i had my old system I had an 85 amp alternator with a 500 cold cranking amp battery and my subs never cut out like they do now. I have a 91 Rally Sport camaro with a 350 small block in it. Also i have a 4 gauge wire from the battery to a distro block and 4 gauge coming from that to the amp and 4 gauge ground. To my other amp for my highs I have 8 gauge power coming from the distro block and 8 gauge ground. And yesterday I put on a 150 amp breaker for my power wire. After that long post i'm wondering why my subs cut in and out like they do even though i have a 105 amp alternator a 700 cold cranking amp battery as opossed to before when i had the small alternator and small battery and it didnt cut in and out at all.

Thanks, WickedClown77

P.S. Thanks for any replies

All of it's been in the same car 91 RS camaro, actually I've checked the ground and power numerous times cause that's what i was thinking too but the ground has been in the same spot for 2 years and when i had my old system with the memphis subs and kameleon head unit i used the same ground and they worked perfect with not problems. On my original post i forgot to add that i also hooked up a Hifonics TX1505D hooked up to the memphis's and i still didnt have any problems. So as of right now i'm completely stumped on why it's doing this.

And for Luzer if your asking me this no i havent heard of Sneardicate, what is it?

Thanks for your reply bigbangtheory let me know if you could think of anymore possibilities

Thanks, WickedClown

The best way to diagnose a problem like this is to plug and play until you find out which piece isn't working properly.

If your current and signal path is fine, then try the components. Did you say that you swapped amps and the subs were fine? If all it took was a swap out for the amplifier to make things work, guess where the problem is...

Double check your signal path (RCAs, signal wires, etc) as well - these are far more likely to be the problem than the hardware is.

I just got done changing my ground, I made sure that there's no paint so it's all bare metal. After doing that and checking all my wires for about the 10th time my system is still acting up. I think i might need a bigger alternator because if i let my car set for a few hours then go and start it my subs act like they should then sometimes when i'm driving they'll go back to not hitting as hard. Let me know if you guys have anymore input on my situation

Thanks, WickedClown77

Well I think i finally figured out what was wrong with my system...I had the bass boost turned on to +12 and i turned it off to see what would happen and so far my system has been working like it should. The reason I had it turned on is because i've heard it's ok to turn it on but then again i've heard that it's bad to have it on. But anyway's i figured i would update everyone incase they wnated to know. Thanks for everyone that tried to help me i appreciate it.

Thanks, WickedClown77

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.