System In A Ranger

rouskisman
10+ year member

I have a 1996 Ford Ranger XLT, it does not have a cab so there is not a whole lot of space to put in a system without defeating the purpose of the bed. There was once before a system before I got it, there's a hole in the truck leading to the bed. I was just wanting some responses on what you think would make this truck "thump, hit, ....." something like 2 10's or 12's with a good amp and whatever please respond.

Depends on what you want in sound and how much you are willing to spend I got a couple of good 3 10 sub desgins I have seen in rangers.

If you want to use that "blow hole", you can make a box that fits in the bed and put as many subs as you want in it. The RPS (RangerPowerSports) forum has discussions about that sometimes.

Otherwise, with a std cab Ranger, you have to squeze a wedge box behind the seats. You need shallow subs that will work in a small enclosure. IDQ10's or Infinity Perfects might be a good choice but you'll probably still end up losing leg room.

You don't need much power when the subs are in the cab with you. I put a pair of Kicker VR8's in my son's Ranger with 75 watts each and it's enough to give you a headache.

Originally posted by rouskisman I have a 1996 Ford Ranger XLT, it does not have a cab so there is not a whole lot of space to put in a system without defeating the purpose of the bed. There was once before a system before I got it, there's a hole in the truck leading to the bed. I was just wanting some responses on what you think would make this truck "thump, hit, ....." something like 2 10's or 12's with a good amp and whatever please respond.
Putting a 15 in my std cab ranger this week. I easily had 2 Alum10x subs in there and they were great.

hey i drive a 1994 ranger extended cab and just bought a 12" RF HE2 and i dont want to take up the whole back area of my truck cuz i have to take ppl with me sometimes so i was just gonna put it behind the drivers seat, BUT i dont kno dimensions to use to make the box?? which direction to point the sub?? or if i need a wedge box or if i can make a rectangle box?? the only thing i do kno is that i want the box to be sealed...if someone could help out on ne of those questions it would help me out A LOT...thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.