System Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

619Thump

CarAudio.com Recruit
I was connecting an equalizer and it was working fine, but then i put it in another vehicle and everytime i turned it on or changed the station the entire system (speakers and subs) started popping, and sometimes when the music is playing the subs start to move on their own like if they were out of phase, anyone know what it could be? i tried rewiring the eq but it hasnt changed, im thinking it could the rcas but i dont know. Any info or help is appreciated thank u (quick note, i took off the eq and the system sounded good but i like having the eq involved so it helps keep me in control of the sound)

I was connecting an equalizer and it was working fine, but then i put it in another vehicle and everytime i turned it on or changed the station the entire system (speakers and subs) started popping, and sometimes when the music is playing the subs start to move on their own like if they were out of phase, anyone know what it could be? i tried rewiring the eq but it hasnt changed, im thinking it could the rcas but i dont know. Any info or help is appreciated thank u (quick note, i took off the eq and the system sounded good but i like having the eq involved so it helps keep me in control of the sound)

Separate EQ's aren't necessary in modern car audio systems. Dump it and just have a bass knob. Just a thought.

Most decent Headunits will give you the same control.
yea i have an alpine cde-175bt but i have to press buttons and move the knob i feel like with the eq i can jus turn it real quick, especially the fact that i know which knob is for what setting so i can keep looking at the road while i mess with it

You shouldn't need to adjust your mids/highs for every song. I understand different songs have different bass levels, but haven't really heard of people adjusting their mids/highs every song.

You shouldn't need to adjust your mids/highs for every song. I understand different songs have different bass levels, but haven't really heard of people adjusting their mids/highs every song.
no not every song but i listen to alot of old school stuff so the audio isnt the best as todays songs so usually i need more and/or less treble and mid but i see where ur coming from, not al
Sounds like signal wires are picking up power signal somewhere, rcas and power wires run separately?
yes they are ran separately but the rcas im using are pretty old, could that also be the issue?

no not every song but i listen to alot of old school stuff so the audio isnt the best as todays songs so usually i need more and/or less treble and mid but i see where ur coming from, not al

yes they are ran separately but the rcas im using are pretty old, could that also be the issue?
The worse the RCA the more chance that it'll pick up interference from power, body vibrations etc. If they are old and or shitty, might be a good idea to replace with some decent ones if nothing else for peace of mind and to rule them out.

The worse the RCA the more chance that it'll pick up interference from power, body vibrations etc. If they are old and or shitty, might be a good idea to replace with some decent ones if nothing else for peace of mind and to rule them out.
ok i will try that, thank u

Try to get something with decent shielding. Heard good things about knu koncepts. I run stingers, they are great but pricey
yea theres this electronic store that sells i think its call triple shielded rca so ill prolly go with those, i think 20$ for a 17 ft but its supposed to be top of the line so well see

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...