system help 4 my girl

TRANSAMCHARGER2
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CT
I know what system is good for what I like. But 4 my girl she like raegaton (sp?), rap and some rock. Its goin into a new Ford escape and the smaller the box the better. I know what Hu to get. I was thinking of goin definatly with 12's or a single 12. My question is what is a clean amp that will put out a solid 700 watts, with no macanical problems. And should I install a single 12 or 2 12's. Also what subs are out that are a good combo between Sq and SPL. I'd get here a 15" L7 like me, but thats a little over kill:D. Would be nice if this combo came out to be under 500 just for subs and amp.

Thanks

Well man u have got a ton of options here 700 peak power or rms? what type of bass does she want low , just something to hit to anything? answer those and i can help ya more man

my girl has 2 a-bahn alum12q's at 1.5 ohm to a xenon x600.1. and she loves it. could use better subs but they do their thing for the time being.

kicker kx750.1 is anothr too look at, 600.1 also.

and you said $500 is your limit.....hmm i would say go with probably go with 2 12's in a vented box tuned to 34or32hz and for the subs go for 2 12's xtants maybe i heard them pound in a vented box at 33hz they pound 2 rap and hip hop real nice subs;)

What are your feelings about getting a properly built and tuned enclosure? I would assume that is more important than just throwing out brand names of amps and subs.

I know How to build the box, and I'm installing it. Thats my gift to her. So thats why I didn't include it in the help part. I only know subs and amps that are good for SPL, I need help finding out how to make it sound good now:laugh:

and I think a 18" would be sweet, still tryin to put my system in her escape to see how it sounds. 15" L7, 6 cu ft ported, 1200 watts in an SUV:up2somet:

run 1 Fi 12" ssd but tell scott you want the copper coils. They sound sweet, get ****ing loud, And are cheap as hell. And for an amp mabe a directed 1500d(mine) which will give you some headroom

I think im goin with the FI ssd 12". Now what amp could I get to run that that puts out 800watts and cost around $250. Sub is goin into a sealed box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.