System coming together with some stored gear..but wondering what to use..

Participant count
  • Participant list

Motovet
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I've been working on my 09' Silverado. Got most of the deadening done, speakers mounted in the doors, and now contemplating how to power my 12" Rainbow vandiums. The front stage is a pair of rainbow powerlines I've had for a while, and they will be powered by the new Zed Kronos with 250w x 2...when it arrives. The two 12" vandiums are going into a subthump box i have, and I now am wondering what direction to go to power these. I have two Rainbow kraftwerk 2kw amps sitting around, and had planned to use one of those...but would it make sense to strap the two? How would that best be wired with these dual voice coiled subs? And are these subs really2 X 3ohm as they state?

Vanduims are rated to take 600w ea.

kraftwerks are rated @

460w - 4ohm

730w - 2ohm

1000w - 1ohm

Should I just stick with one of these amps for both?...Don't know anymore....

I would go with 1 amp per sub @1.5 ohm each..you would be putting around 875 per sub. Those Vanadiums can handle that.

Couple more questions..thoughts. Are these Vandiums really 3 ohm DVC speakers? That's what the spec sheet says. And if I were to strap these amps and the woofers were wired in a series, that would be a 6 ohm load? Would get better SQ that way? What would each woofer see power wise wired that way?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.