System Advice

i could go on for days about different brands for different applications.....budget, vehicle, music type, goal, SQ, SPL ect. ect,...........gotta be more specific man

i could go on for days about different brands for different applications.....budget, vehicle, music type, goal, SQ, SPL ect. ect,...........gotta be more specific man
My budget is probably around $6k. It’s going to go in a 14 Forester. I’m looking for a good mix of SQ and SPL. I want to be able to hear the music nice and clear, but I also want it to get down.

Looking for a killer car audio brand that sounds great musically, but can also throw down. Any suggestions?
The install itself (DSP, tuning, custom woofer box, sound deadening, proper door speaker mounts) will truthfully make a much larger impact than the brand itself. Electrical upgrades also are huge factors for "throwing down"

Last edited:
Well, it depends on the price point and sounds you are looking for which sound quality is just subjective itself.

here is my opinion: Some love some hate, it is car audio :) not politics, so take it as you will

---

Sundown SFB amplifiers: https://www.down4soundshop.com/products/amplifiers/sundown-audio/sfb/

Cost-effective and sundown literally warranties all their product johnny on the spot.

Now Speakers it truly depends on the car, truck, etc, etc...

Solid Speaker Solution since your already going with sundown, is rocking with sundown speakers

Sundown audio Speakers: https://www.down4soundshop.com/products/speakers/sundown-audio/

take out the factory speakers and check for the mounting depth, and fitment and if it is factory amplified, if it is, bypass it, or your gonna need to match the ohm loads to the factory amp specs... cough, just bypass it... factory amps in my opinion ****...

wires and cables should be ofc, by all means, its what you can afford, I just recommended sundown well because their team has always taken care of their products and Mr fuller is a rad guy

The install itself (DSP, tuning, custom woofer box, sound deadening, proper door speaker mounts) will truthfully make a much larger impact than the brand itself. Electrical upgrades also are huge factors for "throwing down"
I already have a new 250 amp alternator. It's the biggest I could get for my car. I did sound deadening already just because I have a louder aftermarket exhaust. I plan on installing a DSP, and tuning thing, but just don't want to waste my money on a brand that will still sound like trash even after everything else.

If you have the coin, Incriminator Audio does make some bulletproof stuff. There’s so many hood brands to choose from honestly. For comps, get raw drivers like SB Acoustics, Seas and many more.

And having a 2017 Forester XT myself. The first thing you wanna buy is sound deadener. If you don't, you won't hear the music over the rattles. I would pull the entire interior. Sound deaden floors, doors, hatch, and roof. Just my .02
I did sound deadening throughout after I purchased the Foz. I installed an aftermarket exhaust and the drone was pretty bad, so I had to do deadening.

Well, it depends on the price point and sounds you are looking for which sound quality is just subjective itself.

here is my opinion: Some love some hate, it is car audio :) not politics, so take it as you will

---

Sundown SFB amplifiers: https://www.down4soundshop.com/products/amplifiers/sundown-audio/sfb/

Cost-effective and sundown literally warranties all their product johnny on the spot.

Now Speakers it truly depends on the car, truck, etc, etc...

Solid Speaker Solution since your already going with sundown, is rocking with sundown speakers

Sundown audio Speakers: https://www.down4soundshop.com/products/speakers/sundown-audio/

take out the factory speakers and check for the mounting depth, and fitment and if it is factory amplified, if it is, bypass it, or your gonna need to match the ohm loads to the factory amp specs... cough, just bypass it... factory amps in my opinion ****...

wires and cables should be ofc, by all means, its what you can afford, I just recommended sundown well because their team has always taken care of their products and Mr fuller is a rad guy
I bought 1/0 OFC for power and grounds. I got myself 50Ft of it. I also bought OFC speaker wire to install as well.

A lot of people have been telling me to go Sundown, but I've also got some recommendations on Crescendo and DC Audio. When I looked at the Sundown possibilities, I was leaning toward the SFBs for amps and the Neo Pros for my doors. I am undecided about the subs and which tweets to go with.

With all the different brands, it's kind of frustrating trying to get what is best for your money, ya know?

I bought 1/0 OFC for power and grounds. I got myself 50Ft of it. I also bought OFC speaker wire to install as well.

A lot of people have been telling me to go Sundown, but I've also got some recommendations on Crescendo and DC Audio. When I looked at the Sundown possibilities, I was leaning toward the SFBs for amps and the Neo Pros for my doors. I am undecided about the subs and which tweets to go with.

With all the different brands, it's kind of frustrating trying to get what is best for your money, ya know?
Every car I’ve personally heard has always had a different brand ran in them, locally no one uses real DSPs in Hawaii. The only difference I would hear between speakers were very minimal and barely noticeable. Don’t get into the paralysis by analysis phase. I think if you’re having trouble just go with the trusted brands like focal, audio frog, morel etc and call it a day seeing as you’re going the DSP route.

If you have $6000 to spend then I would take a serious look into having pods/enclosures made for your front doors.
2 10" subs and an active 3 way setup in your front doors is going to rock in a hatch back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.