Sub Facing

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm a firm believer in facing the subs rear but in an open cabin like an SUV there are a lot different variables that come into effect.
It all depends on how many subs your pushing, how big your box is, and the list goes on.
If your pushing multiple subs then some people face them up or do some kind of bandpass
Again way to many factors to give you a definite answer
More info needed

I'm limited for space so I'm looking at pushing one 10 with 500w. I always had sealed boxes in the 90's but even though it's a larger box I'm considering a ported one this time.

I drive a CUV, I have two re audio sx10d4s in a 2.5cuft after all displacement, the enclosure has a side firing 5x17 inch octo port tuned to 32hrtz. My best bass response is achieved with the subs facing the rear, about five inches from the hatch, and the port firing into the rear passenger side corner, again with about five inches from the side wall.

Thank you, I've been looking at these subs with enclosures for facing the rear and SQ. The TW1 is a ported shallow mount but being such a small box I'm unsure if it'll hit the low lows.

JL Audio HO110RG-W3v3
JL Audio CP110LG-TW1-2

A friend recommended one SSA 8 in their ported box or a DC M3. Claims it'll hit harder and lower than the JL's while keeping the SQ.

I have 48in wall to wall and 16in from the seat to door to work with.

Attachments

• 2021-04-11 16.21.06.jpg
    2021-04-11 16.21.06.jpg
    763 KB · Views: 64
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.