looking for some opinions DC lvl3 or JL tw3

vroomy

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Sep 28, 2008
Australia
anyone had experience with either of these drivers? im prob looking at sealed enclosure because of space unfortunately. I have 2 DC lvl3 10's and can give them the .65 they recommend or would i get better output from 3 JL tw3 10's in .5 per sub? i have a t1000bd rockford amp to run them. Also am i dreaming thinking im going to get impressive bass out of a sealed enclosure?

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Completely different woofers. The JL is a shallow so you’ll be missing out compared to the DC’s. Depends what your goals are to be honest on sealed. You are leaving output on the table but sometimes you just don’t have the space.

Reactions: SlugButter

SlugButter

CarAudio.com Veteran
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
The DC audio is 900 watts rms and can be used ported. The JL is 400, and it’s a shallow mount with limited xmax meant for a sealed box. These aren’t even a comparable sub in any way.

Reactions: Sancetiano

vroomy

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Sep 28, 2008
Australia
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes i realise they are totally different subs, thats why im asking which will work better in my situation? Which will get louder and deeper with sealed box and power on hand? Or is there a better option? I have the dc sitting but was told the jl will work better, but im open to more recommendations

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Who said the JL would work better?

Sancetiano

Audio Enthusiast
Mar 25, 2021
Kerala
anyone had experience with either of these drivers? im prob looking at sealed enclosure because of space unfortunately. I have 2 DC lvl3 10's and can give them the .65 they recommend or would i get better output from 3 JL tw3 10's in .5 per sub? i have a t1000bd rockford amp to run them. Also am i dreaming thinking im going to get impressive bass out of a sealed enclosure?
If you look for a branded 8" sub, you may find many acc. to your space needs and those that sound good i e. Skar audio ZVX-8 D4 . The recommended sealed enclosure for that sub is 0.65^3 ft. Ask your question on diymobile audio. The knowledgeable folks over there will recommended you a good sub that fits the enclosure volume you are looking for .

• Dislike
Reactions: Popwarhomie

Sancetiano

Audio Enthusiast
Mar 25, 2021
Kerala
Yes i realise they are totally different subs, thats why im asking which will work better in my situation? Which will get louder and deeper with sealed box and power on hand? Or is there a better option? I have the dc sitting but was told the jl will work better, but im open to more recommendations
Also consider the Sundown Audio SA-10D4 Rev 3 10" Subwoofer if you are looking for a 10" sub . The minimum recommended sealed enclosure for those is 0.5^3 ft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds