Switching From 8's to 10's

I've decided to go with the Sundown SA10 Classics in the. They seem to do good in 1 cubic feet and my box will have about .92 cubes available for each one. I will run the same amp (SIA3500) until I can find a 5K or bigger that will fit under my driver's seat. If I can't then I might just buy another SIA3500 and run each pair of subs @ 2 ohms (3,000 watts per pair). I'm hoping to be done by the end of August or early September.

I've decided to go with the Sundown SA10 Classics in the. They seem to do good in 1 cubic feet and my box will have about .92 cubes available for each one. I will run the same amp (SIA3500) until I can find a 5K or bigger that will fit under my driver's seat. If I can't then I might just buy another SIA3500 and run each pair of subs @ 2 ohms (3,000 watts per pair). I'm hoping to be done by the end of August or early September.

thats a lot of juice for a 2.5” copper coil. Just be careful and it will be fine.

thats a lot of juice for a 2.5” copper coil. Just be careful and it will be fine.

That would be sending 1,500 watts to each 750 rms sub. That is before rise. I would rather get the SIA5000 but who knows when it will be released? It's in their manuals already.

20220709_173111.jpg

That would be sending 1,500 watts to each 750 rms sub. That is before rise. I would rather get the SIA5000 but who knows when it will be released? It's in their manuals already.

View attachment 40537

They are most likely being built or on the way via ship. It takes a long time from production to it arriving. Then once it arrives you have to QC check it all lol. If you don’t wanna wait the smart 5k is pretty sweet. Full juice from 1-2 ohms and it’s efficient. With a 320 amp alt and just 2 AGM batteries along with a DS1200x4 being run 2 ohms per channel, if the car is above 1500 rpm the voltage stays solid 14.3-14.4 including higher bass notes. At idle I can play super low notes and the voltage will hold in the mid to high 13’s. Higher notes it can dip into the up 12’s. This is all with it blinking the clip light. My older PG MS1000, us amps 2000x, us amps VLX400 would probably make the voltage go into the 11’s at idle or worse 😂🤣. It amazes me how much more efficient amps have gotten and how cheap the power is now. We really can’t complain!

They are most likely being built or on the way via ship. It takes a long time from production to it arriving. Then once it arrives you have to QC check it all lol. If you don’t wanna wait the smart 5k is pretty sweet. Full juice from 1-2 ohms and it’s efficient. With a 320 amp alt and just 2 AGM batteries along with a DS1200x4 being run 2 ohms per channel, if the car is above 1500 rpm the voltage stays solid 14.3-14.4 including higher bass notes. At idle I can play super low notes and the voltage will hold in the mid to high 13’s. Higher notes it can dip into the up 12’s. This is all with it blinking the clip light. My older PG MS1000, us amps 2000x, us amps VLX400 would probably make the voltage go into the 11’s at idle or worse 😂🤣. It amazes me how much more efficient amps have gotten and how cheap the power is now. We really can’t complain!

Does the Smart5 come with a bass knob with a clip light? That is my hang up with that amp right now.

Does the Smart5 come with a bass knob with a clip light? That is my hang up with that amp right now.

it comes with the M1 which has 3 LED lights. One for power, one for clipping, and one for protection. No bass knob but this is easily solved with an inline RCA style knob or in the way I went was with an EQ. I was exactly in your shoes about the bass knob but this issue is easily solved. In my case I went with an EQ so this way I could have more tuning ability. One seller currently has the smart 5’s for $458!

edited to add: the seller is on Amazon. Pic below of the M1 indicator included with the smart 5.

Attachments

• 5D347FAC-CED4-4741-9755-301751FDC07C.jpeg
    5D347FAC-CED4-4741-9755-301751FDC07C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
it comes with the M1 which has 3 LED lights. One for power, one for clipping, and one for protection. No bass knob but this is easily solved with an inline RCA style knob or in the way I went was with an EQ. I was exactly in your shoes about the bass knob but this issue is easily solved. In my case I went with an EQ so this way I could have more tuning ability. One seller currently has the smart 5’s for $458!

edited to add: the seller is on Amazon. Pic below of the M1 indicator included with the smart 5.

I've seen plenty of those but having a bass knob with a clip light is very important to me. I'm sure @Popwarhomie knows what to do without going the rca route. Is it weird that I give demo's just like I meter and compete? Ut's funny when people ask me if I'm the guy with the 8's that they keep hearing about. I'm just a construction worker who listens to talk radio all day. That **** cracks me up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...