Switching From 8's to 10's

My 8's already tear **** up including the meter. I'm thinking of switching to 10's just to make a ridiculously loud standard cab. All stock cabin without any sound deadening. I think 152+ is reachable. Not a blow through.
I doubt you'll gain 3db by going from 8's to 10's, but good luck and I'm anxious to see the results. I gained about 1db by going from two 15's to three 15's with a completely redesigned Buck-box (hate him or love him, he is very good at what he does).

I have read that sound-deadening actually hurts your meter score, because you can't effectively take advantage of the vehicle's resonant frequency if it is sound-deadened.

Dude, I don’t have WinISD. I’m ******* with you. And you want to call other people morons

I have no idea what you have or don't have. Your attempt was weak. I thought maybe you were being honest. My bad. Who have I ever called a moron? Please name just one? You claimed that I have now prove it. You can't and you won't. Have a good day man. ✌

I doubt you'll gain 3db by going from 8's to 10's, but good luck and I'm anxious to see the results. I gained about 1db by going from two 15's to three 15's with a completely redesigned Buck-box (hate him or love him, he is very good at what he does).

I have read that sound-deadening actually hurts your meter score, because you can't effectively take advantage of the vehicle's resonant frequency if it is sound-deadened.

I'm sure that Bucks designs are fine. I've told him that I hope he makes a million bucks designing boxes. He just steps over the line with me sometimes. I thought we had a truce and then he started up again. I think I'm losing pressure right now because I had to replace my back window. I was hoping to gain 1.5 by switching to 10's and 2.5 by switching to a 5K. We'll see. My truck likes 31 hz. for some reason. I did a 146.9 from the windshield tonight @ 31 hz. 30 - 34 hz. are almost the same exact meter.

The AB website is not very good, couldn't even find the manuals for said subs to get the TS parameters. I mean how hard is it to have the TS parameters in the specifications section for each sub?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...