Switchable Power Antenna?

Participant count
  • Participant list

HBoB
10+ year member

USA
I have a 94 Olds Eighty Eight with a power antenna, I recently installed my Pioneer Deh-P6000 hu which doesn't have a power antenna lead. This really isn't too big of a deal since i wired it to the remote. My question is can i wire a switch off my remote lead so that I can control the antenna going up and down? I don't know if my car sends up the antenna with the initial signal and down with another single from the hu or if it just goes down when it stops getting signal. Any help would be great.

Yes usually when you switch sources(radio,cd,tv) it will raise or lower the antennae,I'm surprised your remote wire has enough juice to power your antannae,I guess we learn something everyday.Yes you could switch the remote wire.

I have a Pioneer P6400 and I use the blue wire for both remote and the power antenna and it works fine. The antenna on my Olds is run by a relay anyway, so it's not a huge amount of load. Only complaint is that it comes up when the CD player is on, which is kinda silly. But it doesn't bother me enough to install a separate switch.

The antenna is just a simple on/off thing. It's relay takes care of the direction.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.