Super cheap options help

Participant count
  • Participants list
Idk where you get that garbage but w/e. I have better things to do then argue with someone on the internet.

Also I gave him an option...a much BETTER option then you did. Those Skarbage boxes are known to fall apart in little as a week, multiple reports on car audio forums on this. Hifonics is a sh*t company now and isn't worth spending 2 dollars on one of their amplifiers. And Skar subs & speakers? Think that has been gone over enough on these forums and other forums as to the crookedness of the owner. You tell me to keep the budget in mind for the OP and your option total was 320 dollars and in less then a minute I found one that was 5 bucks more and is hell of a lot better of an option then that stuff.

I'm done I have to call and deal with walmart for a sh*t ghost order that a week later still isn't off my CC.

Also tell him to put that money into a roth IRA before spending it on something stupid like garbage flea market subs and amps. Only when he maxes out the 6k a year contribution is when he should buy car audio IMO. He needs to learn how to pay himself first and keep the wealth he earns. Or learn a side hustle that gets him to that point faster so he can buy quality equipment that achieves results and last long. Because right now hes heading straight for the "imma be forever poor" trap aka stuck in the rat race.

Also tell him to put that money into a roth IRA before spending it on something stupid like garbage flea market subs and amps. Only when he maxes out the 6k a year contribution is when he should buy car audio IMO. He needs to learn how to pay himself first and keep the wealth he earns. Or learn a side hustle that gets him to that point faster so he can buy quality equipment that achieves results and last long. Because right now hes heading straight for the "imma be forever poor" trap aka stuck in the rat race.
You have no idea how much I say these things to him and his brother. They have no idea how the world works. It’s very sad actually. I’ve been telling him to not just buy cheap junk but he’s going to do it anyway so I figured maybe I’d help him out (he was going to buy Planet Audio 3000 watt subs!)

What about a box? I think somebody is playing games anyway, as in Cliff. He's been a member here since 2012. I think that he knows how to do his own research by now. Just sayin 🤣😂🤣😂
I’m building the box for him from what’s leftover from building his brother a box.

I’ve actually been a member since 2003 but was still learning a lot then (had to get a new username). I’m not joking around either with this thread. I have no experience whatsoever in cheap equipment. I agree 1000% with Jeff but he’s going to spend money on it regardless so I’m trying to help.

You have no idea how much I say these things to him and his brother. They have no idea how the world works. It’s very sad actually. I’ve been telling him to not just buy cheap junk but he’s going to do it anyway so I figured maybe I’d help him out (he was going to buy Planet Audio 3000 watt subs!)
Just wait till he complains about his job that's a good intro for you to tell him look i make money sleeping because i invested my **** vs blowing it on coke and hookers. Or in his case, bath salts and crackwhores(going cheap on everything)

Just wait till he complains about his job that's a good intro for you to tell him look i make money sleeping because i invested my **** vs blowing it on coke and hookers. Or in his case, bath salts and crackwhores(going cheap on everything)
Dude worked there for 2 weeks and started complaining that he needed a raise..... I honestly don’t invest as much as I should but with baby number 2 here, my wife and I are going to meet with some people we know in the business to get better at it.

I’m building the box for him from what’s leftover from building his brother a box.

I’ve actually been a member since 2003 but was still learning a lot then (had to get a new username). I’m not joking around either with this thread. I have no experience whatsoever in cheap equipment. I agree 1000% with Jeff but he’s going to spend money on it regardless so I’m trying to help.
I actually helped my bud with some cheap builds, for a sub amp, i used an ignite 3000 that I saw on the amp dyno vid, it was 105 bucks back then and the dyno is around 1k so not bad. IRL the subs actually slam with authority, low end under 30hz is lacking vs a korean amp though but normal every day music it works great.

As for subs these are budget kings pretty much, a pair of these and the ignite 3000 would be an okay 1st setup, should hit low 130 db with a proper ported.

Yes i'd actually recommend this amp over the hifonics zues that was mentioned earlier. Hifonics is worse than boss nowadays. their latest brutus 1300 series couldnt make it past 650 rms on the dyno and that **** costs 180 bucks.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blaupunk...6M9PdsbPxPXI2Z2XJ7vGW7WmHB97hkpRoCqXcQAvD_BwE

I think this would be decent in the right box. I know it's AB and Taramps, but I think it just might work. Or, you could even use t wo of those Blaupunkt 12's with this amp, if you have the room.
Screenshot_20200924-171041_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200924-172040_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
I think this would be decent in the right box. I know it's AB and Taramps, but I think it just might work. Or, you could even use t wo of those Blaupunkt 12's with this amp, if you have the room.
View attachment 23610View attachment 23611
Again to clarify, I don’t hate AB or Taramps. Just bust your balls about it. Honestly I figured this would be the brands to look at for him.

I may just give up though as I’m almost tired of trying as he just doesn’t get it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.