Sundown xv3 18

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lilgator502

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm doing a single sub for a 98 Lincoln Town car.
I have 38l x 25w x 23h avail with room to invert subs or extend ports on the sides.

I'm in the skilled trades & can build a box with dimensions. What software do you guys use?

I need:
7cu ft
112sq in port
tuned 32hz

I'm doing a single sub for a 98 Lincoln Town car.
I have 38l x 25w x 23h avail with room to invert subs or extend ports on the sides.

I'm in the skilled trades & can build a box with dimensions. What software do you guys use?

I need:
7cu ft
112sq in port
tuned 32hz
Everyday music & Sundown sia 3500d

You will not get good bass out of the trunk of a towncar without doing some sort of bandpass and porting that up through the rear deck or similar. Those trunks are the place that bass goes to die.

As far as design software I've had fine results with Win ISD which is freeware.

You will not get good bass out of the trunk of a towncar without doing some sort of bandpass and porting that up through the rear deck or similar. Those trunks are the place that bass goes to die.

As far as design software I've had fine results with Win ISD which is freeware.
Thanks for the info. I will have to look into doing some mods to get more bass into the cabin

vic.jpg

vic 2.jpg

vic 3.jpg

Good looking install popwarhomie. I need to take my back seats out this weekend to run all my wires & cables so I'll look for a way to maby do so.ething similar to what you did.

I have a little time to tinker. All the equipment I ordered is trickling in everyday.
The pictures he shared is exactly the arrangement I did in a Town Car trunk many years ago (in a 1980 TC), I believe that the trunks of that body style have always been that general shape. You will find super thick sound deadening and steel everywhere between the trunk and the cabin once you get in there.

I will warn you that doing a build like in those pics is a lot of work and quite tricky. I would go as far as to say that just throwing away the back seats and doing a flat wall would probably be a less labor and time intensive build.

Good luck. Take your time! I love me some Lincolns.

The pictures he shared is exactly the arrangement I did in a Town Car trunk many years ago (in a 1980 TC), I believe that the trunks of that body style have always been that general shape. You will find super thick sound deadening and steel everywhere between the trunk and the cabin once you get in there.

I will warn you that doing a build like in those pics is a lot of work and quite tricky. I would go as far as to say that just throwing away the back seats and doing a flat wall would probably be a less labor and time intensive build.

Good luck. Take your time! I love me some Lincolns.
Good advice Sir. I'm going to run my mids & highs this weekend & take time to figure out the best way to move on the subwoofer.

The last thing I want to do is waste time on a shifty install... Thx

Good advice Sir. I'm going to run my mids & highs this weekend & take time to figure out the best way to move on the subwoofer.

The last thing I want to do is waste time on a shifty install... Thx
20220219_150114.jpg

I decided to do 8 cubes @ 32hz ported through the rear deck. I just want a good sounding daily cruiser.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I'll get some pics eventually...

Just porting up through the rear deck isn't going to really get you all the output up front and may end up causing more troubles with the wave from the sub itself bouncing around and getting delayed in the trunk and the wave from the port releasing directly into the cabin area. . It may work even worse than just having a sound ported design in the trunk and just cutting away as much of the steel/deadening as you can that's blocking the sound wave coming from the trunk into the cabin.

If you're not going to go all in, just keep it simple as possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...