sundown x,z10 vs tantric sounds hd10

streetbeater07
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Grady, AL
Hello guys, I am looking to put together a system with one 10 inch driver in a ported box for my mustang. I am looking for something with around 1500 watts rms, long throw excursion with 30mm or greater xmax. These are the choices that i have found and liked so far:

Sundown x10

Sundown z10

Tantric Sounds hd10

I seen some others like ssa xcon 10 but it is still based on the old style basket and spider setup and while it has an xmax of 31mm, Jacob of Sundown said that these older designs reach xmax and xmech at the same time whereas the new styles like the x,z and tantric subs are designed with way more throw built in so over excursion wont damage the woofer to an extent. Which of these do you think will fit my application and why? Thanks. I am looking to power either sub with a dd m1c, m2b, saz-2500d, or ia20.1.

Hello guys, I am looking to put together a system with one 10 inch driver in a ported box for my mustang. I am looking for something with around 1500 watts rms, long throw excursion with 30mm or greater xmax. These are the choices that i have found and liked so far:
Sundown x10

Sundown z10

Tantric Sounds hd10

I seen some others like ssa xcon 10 but it is still based on the old style basket and spider setup and while it has an xmax of 31mm, Jacob of Sundown said that these older designs reach xmax and xmech at the same time whereas the new styles like the x,z and tantric subs are designed with way more throw built in so over excursion wont damage the woofer to an extent. Which of these do you think will fit my application and why? Thanks. I am looking to power either sub with a dd m1c, m2b, saz-2500d, or ia20.1.
Get the X10 and run it off a 20.1 and it will sound amazing

Bunch of variables here. How much power exactly? For example, if you went with the M1C then the X would be the best choice, if you went with the 2500D then the Z would be the best choice. The HD would be fine off either.

What kind of setup are these going in, ported or sealed? And excursion capability is not everything.

Simply based on power handling. If you were referring to me, anyway.
Im referring to anyone voting or saying sundown without any actual first hand experience of all subs mentioned cause theres more to factor than power handeling and cool looks and such.

Im referring to anyone voting or saying sundown without any actual first hand experience of all subs mentioned cause theres more to factor than power handeling and cool looks and such.
Well, the design philosophy behind the sundown x,z drivers makes them very worthy of consideration in this discussion, not to mention the klippel tests and specs that they have returned during testing. I know they are not "released" yet, but I was more or less looking for an educated guess about the abilities of said drivers and how well each would fit my application. There's nothing wrong with an "educated" guess. The whole theory of science and mankind is based off of an "educated guess" so, i appreciate those who have chimed in, fact or opinion. I don't see anything wrong with any of the responses that have been made pertaining to the original question.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.