Sundown X and Z Series

So can the Sundown X series can play on the lows very well but cant play higher notes too well? I'm guessing the Zv3 is more musical and can play all the rap song frequencies. And the Zv4 is like the X series in the lows but also can play higher notes. Am I correct?

Your idea of anything is chopped and screwed. Some of use really listen to anything. Like articulated bass where you want the transition so good you get the skin effect off the drum
My idea of anything is 20hz-80hz... My woofers will play it.

I really like the X series but only thing holding me back is it cant play the higher notes I guess and I would want to know what higher notes that is. Could anyone tell me a song and tell me what note in that song it cant hit.
like a g6's upper bass, the upper part of dj snake ft aluna george - you know you like it. Magic - rude and a lot of other mainstream/reggae songs.

Most metal music like as i lay dying - the sound of truth, nothing else matters, it'll play it but it will have Sh*T impact vs low notes, no kick at all in comparison to how big bloated the low end is. Thats demo'd from people that claim their box is Flat designed for sq and was built by a world well renowned builder (chad geary from ob audio that built gary kilians psyclone and all his other builds) I told him, put these songs on and on the kick drums barely even made a thud even with the gain kicked up a notch to match the db difference in music.

Most EDM music when they have upper to lower sweeps, you'll just hear a big hole and all of the sudden its loud as fk on the lows, does not sound even at all. A perfect song for this is Ephixa Division, there's a 100hz to 35hz sweep in the song and a part of the song that has a heavy upper note in the music where normally you hear it playing loud but in most setups there's just an empty bassless part where there's supposed to be continuous bass. For example 01:02

Almost all lower midbass guitar parts in most rock/alternative music is extremely weak or gone. sublime - what i've got / santeria. Dirty heads ft rome - lay me down, Jimmy eat world - the middle, Upper parts of Red hot chili peppers - otherside

A lot of hip hop songs will have holes or major deficiencies as well, YG - toot it and boot it. TI - whatever you like, TI - what you know about that,

If you are latino, spanish or corridos music is a 100% no go.

Thats just off the top of my head, Go through a wide genre of music library and most sundown X/zv4 mega roll surround users will be put to shame. Most only play their decaf and selective hip hop songs. They also use the lowest hitting music of each genre outside of that that only goes up to 50hz max and claim they can play rock or metal or country.

If you want those series go with the standard surround, they should play those notes a lot better vs a mega roll.

I have done a few builds w/ sundown x subs. this is an awesome sounding sub for daily use. x's are built to play the lows. z3's and z4s have a tighter suspension and is punchier bass. you will be impressed with either. the only time you would notice a big dif. will be if you were to compete. the z will not do near as well on the meter in most builds.

ya, but you can't manage to get Jacobs c*ck out your mouth long enough to take a full breath, so.....
What are u talking about. I met him one time for like 2mins. I like sundown woofers that's all. Sounds like you mad bro? Someone hurt ur wittle feelings... Awwe poor baby.

Your idea of anything is chopped and screwed. Some of use really listen to anything. Like articulated bass where you want the transition so good you get the skin effect off the drum
That's me. I don't do decaf. I much prefer the original track recordings of rap like Three 6 or DMX and rock from the 70s-90s.

like a g6's upper bass, the upper part of dj snake ft aluna george - you know you like it. Magic - rude and a lot of other mainstream/reggae songs.
Most metal music like as i lay dying - the sound of truth, nothing else matters, it'll play it but it will have Sh*T impact vs low notes, no kick at all in comparison to how big bloated the low end is. Thats demo'd from people that claim their box is Flat designed for sq and was built by a world well renowned builder (chad geary from ob audio that built gary kilians psyclone and all his other builds) I told him, put these songs on and on the kick drums barely even made a thud even with the gain kicked up a notch to match the db difference in music.

Most EDM music when they have upper to lower sweeps, you'll just hear a big hole and all of the sudden its loud as fk on the lows, does not sound even at all. A perfect song for this is Ephixa Division, there's a 100hz to 35hz sweep in the song and a part of the song that has a heavy upper note in the music where normally you hear it playing loud but in most setups there's just an empty bassless part where there's supposed to be continuous bass. For example 01:02

So by the sounds of it the X series and Zv4 with the mega surround is not more me as I dont listen to decaf or chopped music and only listen to regular music and will have a lot of holes in the song correct? I think the Zv3 is what I am looking for then that can play low and along with the high end stuff.

But As for now I think the Zv3 is what I'm looking for correct? And if I want to have that really low end bass with hole in the higher end thats where I can get the X or Zv4 and have my components fill the mid to high bass. Personally what would you guys put in for my needs for regular rap music?

But As for now I think the Zv3 is what I'm looking for correct? And if I want to have that really low end bass with hole in the higher end thats where I can get the X or Zv4 and have my components fill the mid to high bass. Personally what would you guys put in for my needs for regular rap music?

No the X will play what a sub stage should play 20-100hz just fine. It will just be louder on the lower range.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.